SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2019, 09:02 PM   #21
SaturnMinion
SaturnMinion has a spectacular aura aboutSaturnMinion has a spectacular aura aboutSaturnMinion has a spectacular aura about

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Thumbs Up Re: I purchased a clone Tech 2, ask me anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1super90 View Post
.....The Tis2Web website connects via USB, USB to RS-232, to the RS-232 plug on the Tech 2. Tis2Web puts the Tech 2 into passthrough mode and uses it as an interface to program the car via the diagnostic link cable (through the CANdi adapter). Yeah, lots of stuff chained together to do this, but it works fine.

This should help a lot. In particular, if you need an USB to RS-232 adapter, be sure to use one on this list:

I used the Tripp-lite with no problems.
I tried the TRENDnet and it failed, even though it's listed here.
Just bought the Tripp Lite Keyspan High-Speed USB to Serial Adapter, PC & Mac (USA-19HS) from Amazon.

Thanks for your help. I'm new to this, but I am tech savy, (got a degree in IT). Just never used any tech stuff in the field of the automotive industry. Hope you dont mind me asking too may questions....after all you did write, "I purchased a clone Tech 2, ask me anything"....LOL

2007 Saturn Ion 2 Sedan, 2.2L DOHC 16V with Duel Balanced Shafts. Automatic Transmission. 180,246K. One owner car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnMinion's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnMinion reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2019, 09:08 PM   #22
m1super90
m1super90 will become famous soon enough

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: I purchased a clone Tech 2, ask me anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnMinion View Post
Just bought the Tripp Lite Keyspan High-Speed USB to Serial Adapter, PC & Mac (USA-19HS) from Amazon.

Thanks for your help. I'm new to this, but I am tech savy, (got a degree in IT). Just never used any tech stuff in the field of the automotive industry. Hope you dont mind me asking too may questions....after all you did write, "I purchased a clone Tech 2, ask me anything"....LOL
Well,bthe OP saidbthat but I'm glad to help!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to m1super90's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help m1super90 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
m1super90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:31 PM   #23
SaturnMinion
SaturnMinion has a spectacular aura aboutSaturnMinion has a spectacular aura aboutSaturnMinion has a spectacular aura about

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Dizzy Re: I purchased a clone Tech 2, ask me anything.

Good lord another senior moment....brain gears in my head are at extended mileage phase. Too bad the Chinese aren't making human clones...

Thanks!

2007 Saturn Ion 2 Sedan, 2.2L DOHC 16V with Duel Balanced Shafts. Automatic Transmission. 180,246K. One owner car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnMinion reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-29-2019, 09:55 PM   #24
Kaervak
Kaervak will become famous soon enoughKaervak will become famous soon enough

1999 SL2

Heh, you can ask me a bunch of questions too. I don't mind in the least.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kaervak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kaervak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kaervak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:15 PM   #25
SaturnMinion

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Question Re: I purchased a clone Tech 2, ask me anything.

Alright so I plug in the tech 2.

Turn ignition on.

From the main menu I select SPS.

After requesting info there's no listing for Saturn?

What needs to be done?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-02-2019, 11:49 AM   #26
SaturnMinion

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Mad Re: I purchased a clone Tech 2, ask me anything.

Nothing but communication errors through www.acdelcotds.com. I'm in SPS everything is downloaded and installed and working. But trying to get the server to communicate....no bueno!!

M4404: Please restart your Programming interface and press OK to retry! Press CANCEL to abort.

That's as far as I got...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-09-2019, 06:34 PM   #27
Kaervak
Kaervak will become famous soon enoughKaervak will become famous soon enough

1999 SL2

Unfortunately I don't have an answer as I never got to/needed the programming capabilities of the Tech 2. Maybe you have to use the TIS2000 software as the primary interface?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kaervak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kaervak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kaervak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:44 AM   #28
SaturnMinion

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Roll Eyes Re: I purchased a clone Tech 2, ask me anything.

That's okay. It seems like the Tech2 is not communicating with the computer. Tried both TDS and TIS. Tried it with the OEM RS-232 com port, (my Desktop has a functioning one). And the Tripp adapter. To no avail. Whenever I go to SPS the communication fails. Perhaps something was updated that prevents these clones entry or the software is not compatible any longer?

Anyway got me a VXDIAG VCX NANO. Now that's one fast and cool tool! It's the same software that the Tech2 uses only that you see it right up on your Destop/Laptop's screen, (Tech2Win Diagnostic Software).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-29-2019, 09:25 PM   #29
98_Gold_Uranus
98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

I've tossed around the idea of buying one of these for my other GM of the household (a 2004 Chevy Blazer) to change some things around like turning off the auto headlights, and just have it on hand for other things that may come up between it and the Saturn...

Are you saying these clones no longer work, like they don't communicate with GM's servers any more and function?

98 SL2, 70k miles, kept in the family since new!

Her name is Uranus :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 98_Gold_Uranus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 98_Gold_Uranus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
98_Gold_Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote