SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2008, 09:45 AM   #1
Taipans
Taipans is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line
Default Vue 06 Redline + Turbo

Since there isnt much we can do to boost performance I was wondering if anyone here has used a bolt on turbo kit? There are many out there for all types of vehicles and I am sure one could be modified to work with the 06' Vue's Honda engine. If anyone has any insight on this I would appreciate it!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Taipans's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Taipans reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Taipans is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #2
burnout
Master Member
burnout is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Vue 06 Redline + Turbo

A single turbo setup would be quite interesting, but because there aren't any readily available kits for the J-Series motors in ANY honda car, I don't think one can even be adapted to fit.

Same goes for twin turboing using two smaller turbos. It's gonna have to be custom, as it always has been. (Though it's been done on a few Accords in the past)

Take into account the 100% lack of tuning for our cars, and it makes it not even feasible to design any type of boost kit.

Someone on here supercharged their Vue with a 100% custom kit, and it has since been deemed an "epic fail" because it was no faster than a non-supercharged Vue in the videos he provided. Maybe in real life it felt faster, but still, the speedometer should have been going WAY faster than it was

'13 VW CC 2.0T
'99 Volvo S70 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burnout's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burnout reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #3
FGCA_XRL
FGCA_XRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

The supercharged guy did also put some heavy 20s on the car. Whether or not that was the problem, who knows. I'd say it contributed. What I don't get is why someone would spend the money for a supercharger and not spend the money to get some sort of fuel management system.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FGCA_XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FGCA_XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FGCA_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
cha0tic 97SC2
cha0tic 97SC2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
2004 VUE Red Line

Just wanted to pipe in that my local service manager told me they had one in with a turbo on it. Said it was tuned at some California speedshop and said it wasn't idling correctly. That's all the information he had on it and I trust him since he has had very good and accurate information since Ive delt with them, for the past 10 years...

'04 Vue Redline (stock)
'97 SC2 (moded)
'92 Miata (project)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cha0tic 97SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cha0tic 97SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cha0tic 97SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
blacknbluevue
blacknbluevue is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L

How difficult would it be to scab on a super charger from the cobalt/ion?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blacknbluevue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blacknbluevue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blacknbluevue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
blacknbluevue
blacknbluevue is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L

Also, are the electric blowers advertised on ebay and other places worth anything?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blacknbluevue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blacknbluevue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blacknbluevue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #7
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknbluevue View Post
How difficult would it be to scab on a super charger from the cobalt/ion?
The supercharged guy talked about earlier in the thread is the only one I'm aware of, he used the SC off a 3800SC. The kit itself was eventually removed and floating around for sale. Last I heard it was broken and needed some sort of auxiliary fuel pump to function again, it was owned by someone who wanted to put it on their Honda Odyssey.

That Vue also ended up running very slow based on the videos he posted. In his defense, he also had huge chrome wheels on the car, and he said he didn't floor it in the videos. But his performance in the videos was significantly slower than stock.

Electric blowers work about as well as those Tornado things you put in your intake. In theory they could work, but I think the required motors and current make them fiscally and mechanically impractical. I remember hearing somewhere that they'd actually draw enough current that they would undo any performance gains.

IMO, unless you were prepared to do a standalone engine management it'd be a giant waste of time and money. If you did decide to do it, I'd think an STS turbo would be the easiest thing to do.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
VUEmaniac
VUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the rough

1997 SC2

Supercharing the ecotec 4-banger is a well understood process. However, it will be a pain in the rump to deal with the engine management electronics. Check with the Ariel Atom owners forums (wherever they are) and you'll find a bunch of tinkerers with the ecotec that the platform used in the US before switching to Honda power plants.

Maybe you can start here:

http://www.ddmworks.com/Ariel-Atom-700_ep_41.html

---
Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown. Ask yourself why YOU keep going to the circus.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUEmaniac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUEmaniac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUEmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
TwiztidSanity
TwiztidSanity will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUEmaniac View Post
Supercharing the ecotec 4-banger is a well understood process. However, it will be a pain in the rump to deal with the engine management electronics. Check with the Ariel Atom owners forums (wherever they are) and you'll find a bunch of tinkerers with the ecotec that the platform used in the US before switching to Honda power plants.

Maybe you can start here:

http://www.ddmworks.com/Ariel-Atom-700_ep_41.html
the Redline never came with an Ecotec engine however. The base model Vue's came with the Ecotec engine. But Redlines came with J35A3 engines from Honda.

There is too much trouble involved with putting any kind of boost on the Vue. Mostly because we have absolutely zero tuning availability. And nobody wants to go through the initial process of it because it's so expensive.

Murdock: I wish I could just jump in the water and live like a fish.
B.A. Baracus: Shut up fool, you ain't no fish!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TwiztidSanity's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TwiztidSanity reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TwiztidSanity is offline   Reply With Quote