SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2001, 03:20 PM   #1
joeybagodonuts

Default clear lens, cheaper intakes, etc

hey folks, many of you knwo that one of the plans for this year was a new high performance division, well to start it off, we have found a supplier for clear lens, same company that supplys the "other guys" and we will be offering them so much cheaper than them you will be shocked at their mark up.
next, high perfromance intakes...you guys WERE paying over 180.00 bucks at the other place, joes place? try 85-105 for any damn color you want for the same exact product!
the first set of clear lens came to me yesterday and i wanted to see them firsthand before showing my hand, they look gorgeous!
competition is healthy, it keeps the consumers prices reasonable, considering if you owned a honda you would have hundreds of choices to buy perf stuff, with saturns what do we got? crap for choices, one or two companys and they set their prices with ridiculous mark-ups cause they had no-one around to give them a run for the money, now, anything i can acquire and sell for a better price i will.
many of you from this board have e-mailed me through the years asking about these lens, so it was a natural first choice to look into, after finding them and the intakes sooo much cheaper than you were paying it gave me hope and direction that i can make a difference.
so your about to go buy an iceman...you going to go pay over 180.00, or UNDER 120.00 WITH the air filter?
i would love soem input as to exactly what you folks are looking for in terms of high perf parts and their current availibilty, as i do with my used parts division i will work dilligently and many long hours to make saturn services the leader in aftermarket high performance parts.

SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2001, 03:27 PM   #2
JasonD
JasonD is on a distinguished road

nice prices. Are you talking about the hotshot or iceman intakes? or both?
Also, will you be getting in any tinted headlight and or tailight covers?

As for mods, if I were shopping for them I would start at the more basic stuff like iceman or hotshot intakes, then i would go to the exhaust system. The other stuff like headers etc, would wait. Basically working from the ends and moving in.
Old 01-15-2001, 12:13 PM   #3
SCDYNE
SCDYNE is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY
1997 SC2

Some of the stuff I expect to see from you:
Performance Engines (Stock rebuilds, Moderate Performance, NA Race and Boost Race)
Performance Transmissions (Stock Rebuilds, Drag Gears, Track Gears and LSD options)
Complete Coil-over Kits (Progress, H&R, and TrueChoice)
A Supercharger Kit COMPLETE
A Turbocharger Kit COMPLETE

Intakes (all types)
Exhaust Systems (OEM and Custom)
Headers (OEM and Custom)
Clutches (OEM and ACT) <- the others just SUCK!

Accessories
Plugs
Wires
Springs
Mounts
suspension Bushings
Etc, etc, etc.
Old 01-15-2001, 12:26 PM   #4
Richard
Richard is on a distinguished road

All right Joey...we need more people like you. It seems the vendors have almost had a monopoly for too long. More competition = lower prices!

You know that mounting bracket for the Powerstack that those 'other' companies want $50 for....for a bent piece of aluminum! Well I think you should consider reselling or even fabricating those yourself.

I can suggest lots of things I would like to see you sell, but you have to decide where the money is and what people are going to buy the most of. I think everyone starts modding their Saturns with the Powerstack first so that would be a good place to start. Other bolt-ons like headers, cat-back exhaust, and muffler bearings (no, not really). I think that 'crate' engines sound good...so do turbo and supercharger kits, but from a money standpoint I don't think you could sell enough of them justify having them. But hey its all up to you.

Good luck,

-Richard
Old 01-15-2001, 08:57 PM   #5
100KSW2
Master Member
100KSW2 is on a distinguished road

Joe

Since I am in Philly (and have asthma!) I need to keep my car emissions legal. I'd be interested in an intake that was certified. I think several of the existing ones have already gone though certification (CARB? Not sure.) I can't be bothered with getting a ticket or worse, having to reinstall the stock equipment every year just to be able to pass emissions testing. I think there is a lot of interest in relatively inexpensive custom touches, like black emblems and clear side markers (about half the members in SPOC PA seem to have them and the rest all want them

In reading the various Saturn lists I think that there are a lot more people going the bolt on route than doing a full race built engine, but your experience and background will be the best giude in making those choices. I know you will work very hard and supply quality products, so this is sure to be another successful project.

Thanks once again for making things better for the Saturn owners community!

Jim
Old 01-15-2001, 10:26 PM   #6
SC2fast
SC2fast is on a distinguished road

It is about time!!! i agree with CatalystSaturn's list...BUT i would also add some tire/wheel packages to choose from. Thanks Joey!!!

SC2fast
Closed Thread