SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
thorster
thorster is on a distinguished road

Default Remaining Warranty Issues

I wanted to throw out two issues I have on my 07 XR and see what comes back from the forum.

1) Heater temp - I have seen a few times where my heater temp either blows cold or will not cool down. I can reproduce by setting the temp to 90 for a few minutes and then taking the temp down to about 75. What happens is that the temp of the air will not change (have a thermometer in the vent) until I drop it to the low 60's and then it will suddenly change.

2) If the rear windows are down and the door closed, it makes a odd noise like there is something loose inside the door. This ONLY happens when the rear windows are down.

I have 23k miles and am actually out of warranty as of the 13th but had the car in that day for service. They are going to continue to work with me and even asked me if I had seen anything on the forums regarding HVAC flashes or complaints on the door noises.

Any comments would be appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thorster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thorster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thorster is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
TN1
TN1 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Remaining Warranty Issues

The hvac problem reminds me of my first Aura test drive in January of '07. The test drive car had a problem where the flap that mixes hot and cold air was getting stuck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TN1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TN1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
Phaeton Driver
Phaeton Driver will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorster View Post
I wanted to throw out two issues I have on my 07 XR and see what comes back from the forum.

1) Heater temp - I have seen a few times where my heater temp either blows cold or will not cool down. I can reproduce by setting the temp to 90 for a few minutes and then taking the temp down to about 75. What happens is that the temp of the air will not change (have a thermometer in the vent) until I drop it to the low 60's and then it will suddenly change.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Heater temp? The Aura has a heater? What is that used for?
Oh I remember now, that must be what kept me from freezing when I went to Washington (state) for Christmas. I thought it was just a high temp setting on the automatic air conditioning system, Dah. I just set it at 75 and forget all about it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phaeton Driver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phaeton Driver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Phaeton Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
cisco0623
cisco0623 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

thorster

I believe TN1 is right. I recall reading that topic on here when I first got mine.

As far as the noise I believe it is a known "noise" issue due to the wind. Theres nothing wrong with the car, just how it is per say.

I am not sure what Phaeton was saying other than who sets their car temp higher than 75 anways lol, but I think what you are getting at is the air doesnt cool off as you dial the temp down?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cisco0623's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cisco0623 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cisco0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
thorster
thorster is on a distinguished road

cisco0623,

Yep thats exactly what I was stating. From 90 - 75 there is no difference. It takes a "trigger" of going to 74 or below to get the air to change temp. This is also a bit variable it seems.

I also just went back and re-read my post on the door noise. What I meant to say was that when the window is down, and the door is physically closed, it makes an odd noise like there is something loose in the door. Could you try that on yours and let me know what you think? Try it with the window up and then the window down.

This may even be normal but I am trying to avoid not having any "known" issues fixed before the warranty runs out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thorster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thorster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thorster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
chris.
chris. is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

You might wanna check the seat heaters - at 37000 mi, the passenger side does not seem to be working anymore on my XR.

(Although: I'm thinking it could be related to some airbag light that was fixed under warranty this past summer, so I'm gonna try to get the dealer to fix it for me for free. I think they must have pulled a plug or broken something when checking the airbag issue.)

As for the door issue, I know exactly what you are talking about. It happens on my Buick and on my Saab. Not that I've fixed it yet. But on my Saab, I know it is related to these little green window rollers that break. I just need to pry open the door trim panel to fix it. I will definitely check my Aura for that condition and get back to you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chris.'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chris. reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chris. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #7
chris.
chris. is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

didn't hit the edit button fast enough (I'm "multi-tasking" at work right now .. ) but here's a photo of the roller I'm talking about, stolen from aljachimiak at Saab Central:
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/15Roller.jpg

notice the gloves; inside the door panel can be very sticky/gooey/greasy/messy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chris.'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chris. reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chris. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #8
gregh2000
gregh2000 has a spectacular aura aboutgregh2000 has a spectacular aura about

2007 AURA XR

My car does the heat/cool thing and always has. It said in the manual that after making changes to the temp it takes a certain amount of minutes for the system to adjust. It seems that the computer has to realize it needs heat or cool and then slowly adjusts. By putting it all the way hot or cold it seems to override the computer and just blast it one way or the other.

As for the windows someone else on here was talking about how the rear windows down makes a bass noise and it sounded like it is how the wind goes through the car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gregh2000's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gregh2000 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gregh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:28 AM   #9
bern
Advanced Member
bern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nice

2006 VUE 3.5L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

you may ask the dealer to check TSB PIC4390A if it aplies to your car and concern.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bern's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bern reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bern is offline   Reply With Quote