SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2006, 02:52 PM   #1
James Gerber
James Gerber is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
Default Center Console

So... i'm testing out the speaker lines to make sure everything is okay (with a small little battery), when the battery slips out of my hands and falls into the 'no-mans land' in my center console.

After searching around for a long time, it's starting to tick me off that i can't find it (as well as the way the consol is put together and tough to take apart/remove)

Any rate... I guess after a few hours I will finally give up, but does anyone know if it might have slipped into somewhere where it could cause trouble or damage?
(IE: a vent or something)

Here's a pic of area it fell.. which I've searched and can't find it.

I can't get a good look/search around inside the lower vent, since from what I gather, I have to pretty much remove the box unit between the seats in order to get at one of the screws left in the consol walls I'd like to remove.

thanks,

jg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to James Gerber's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help James Gerber reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
James Gerber is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2006, 03:04 PM   #2
James Gerber

2003 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Center Console

found it!

Just to give you some background on how I always do things the "hard way".

Discovered the fuse panel access on the 'other' side of the consol... opened it up and reached in and around, and found the battery had gone into the middle area above the vents.

time to put the mess I made of things, back together.

jg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help James Gerber reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-19-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
mellissam
mellissam will become famous soon enoughmellissam will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L

I've dropped one thing in there, but was lucky and retrieved it...I was worried about the same thing.....there is some linkage stuff, but honestly, I have no idea...really depends where the battery fell. Keep looking, you'll find it.

Now, I have both hands in there , one to do whatever I'm doing, and the other to catch....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mellissam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mellissam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mellissam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 06:20 PM   #4
James Gerber

2003 VUE 2.2L

Yeah.. found it... as well as another 'smaller' battery and one of the missing screws from the lower cubie holder in the console (probably lost down there when the previous owner installed/removed their aftermarket deck).

Probably another item to add to a list when doing this stuff would be a magnetic rod.

Putting the console back together I kept loosing grip of the screw (the one I had found) and had to keep reaching down to get it. The third time it fell I had to use the FUSE Panel access hole again, which worked good.

jg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-19-2006, 07:39 PM   #5
Counterfit
Counterfit is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

My installer would take and tape the screws to the head of the drill to ensure they didnt fall, just an idea for you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Counterfit's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Counterfit reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Counterfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
emg77
Advanced Member
emg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

I've lost a few screws down there. I didn't find them either. Luckily they don't rattle around in there wherever they are.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to emg77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help emg77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
emg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #7
James Gerber

2003 VUE 2.2L

Emg,

Might not help, but I found by using the fuse panel access door at the passengers side, you can find your way around alot of the areas. I fould a few things I dropped that way (and few screws, etc..), sometimes at the center area, ontop of the vent section under that mass of cables.

jg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!