SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2006, 07:51 PM   #1
MyVUEofTheWorld
MyVUEofTheWorld is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L
Default My New Vue of the world

It's been a long week. I had to do more haggling than I felt comfortable with. Nearly walked out of the dealer twice this morning, and had an overwhelming desire to take a shower when I got home from some of the crap they tried to hand me....but here she is....

My new Baby.

Boy, how things have changed at my dealership since I bought the '03 VUE. After this experience, this may my very last Saturn.

(It's not "deja 'vue" if you think you might have read this already... I copy and pasted it here from another thread! lol )

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MyVUEofTheWorld's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MyVUEofTheWorld reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MyVUEofTheWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: My New Vue of the world

Details? 2.2L V6 ?

Glad everything worked out!

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:43 PM   #3
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

I hear ya.....getting my '06 was like dealing with most Chevy dealers, you visit a bunch and haggle haggle haggle. It was not like when I bought my '94 SL at all. In the end, you shower, lots of soap and you move on....keys in hand ....congrats by the way, you will love your Vue! Is it a V6? The mags on the '07 look awesome!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:14 PM   #4
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like don't have great Saturn dealers, MyVUEofTheWorld and montrealvue. Are there other ones around that you could try that might be better?

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:45 PM   #5
GearGuy
Advanced Member
GearGuy is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP
Details? 2.2L V6 ?

Glad everything worked out!
2007 FWD V6 VUE.
He has a label on his linked picture.

I hate to hear that the dealerships are changing their ways...
I haven't been back to my dealership in a while... But Saturn of Clarence is one of the better ones from what I've heard. So I'll cross my fingers that they stay the course for as long as possible.

MyVUEofTheWorld,
Congrats on your new Vue and your new peace of mind!

Don't forget to update your signature!

2006 Vue 3.5L FWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GearGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GearGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GearGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:05 AM   #6
memphis
memphis is on a distinguished road

Haggle??? I thought Saturn was a no haggle joint?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to memphis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help memphis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:01 AM   #7
walt
walt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura about

Haggle ain't he word , they tried to put used tires on my 06 thinking that I would not notice the difference. Then i got the run around for the second visit when they put relay tires on my VUE rims. Finally after three visits they did the right thing. gave my new rims and tires which I originally paid for. Yea its not the same Saturn I knew three years ago. I think its time to drop the "like always " part of the motto, at least thats been my experience so far. last visit I was told the rattle in my steering wheel is because of a collapsible steering wheel?????? I have had cars with collapsible steering wheels since 1969 and they never rattled??? They keep calling me asking me to fill out number 16 with completely satisfied when I get my mailing from the main office. It was almost like they were begging me to forget about the baloney they had pulled and just give them that passing grade. Seems line 16 is all that matters. Guess they get some kind of prize if the get line 16 filled out completely satisfied.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to walt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help walt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:20 AM   #8
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt
Guess they get some kind of prize if the get line 16 filled out completely satisfied.
If you don't fill out the survey as completely satisfied, the sales and/or service person does not get their bonus or commission. That could amount to hundreds of dollars for them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:59 AM   #9
MyVUEofTheWorld
MyVUEofTheWorld is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

Hmmmmmmm line 16 you say..... I'll have to remember that! I can't believe they call you and specifically tell you to put completely satisfied..... that is pretty ballsy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MyVUEofTheWorld's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MyVUEofTheWorld reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MyVUEofTheWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #10
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyVUEofTheWorld
Hmmmmmmm line 16 you say..... I'll have to remember that! I can't believe they call you and specifically tell you to put completely satisfied..... that is pretty ballsy.
I've gotten that from dealers before, but not from my current Saturn dealer. I don't even think we filled out the survey...I think my wife just threw it out with the rest of the junk mail.

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:35 AM   #11
sspeer
sspeer is on a distinguished road

What exactly is the wording on #16?

I think that not giving commisions is pretty harsh...you're not going to keep quality salespeople if they're under that kind of threat..they have families to support

I don't agree with it..if Saturn demands it, then things have a funny way of working out that they'll see what they want to see..and not how the experience was...and if they don't get an accurate picture, then how can they fix any problems..especially if the issue isn't with the salesperson or serviceperson, but with the facility or even Saturn itself

I had a similar issue with a VW service questionaire..I went in for a window fix and they ended up lubing the track..lubing my A pillar, dash, and windshield in the process...and I note it under condition of car upon receipt..I get a call a week later from the dealer saying that I should have brought it back in for them to clean it...right...I'm going to take an hour off of work to have them clean it..

But I do think the service person needs to be paid for the work they did. And then the dealer can make a special note to watch out for spray lube overspray in the future...I was more upset over the service person calling and getting a bit angry with me because I didn't mark everything excellent

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sspeer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sspeer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sspeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:32 AM   #12
VuedIt
VuedIt is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 2.2L

This is my 3rd saturn, bought a 2003 ion 1 it did its job but had the first year wooos traded it in on a maz 6 which i love, then traded my custom s-10 in on a 2004 ion3 which i loved except the brakes and transmission which i had probs with both of them, then traded that ion in on my 06 Vue: Silver 2.2 and so far i love it especially being it lowerd my insurance LOL. i did get lucky that i was able to get the 10% off plus the gm discount, cause on my 04 ion3 i got hit with that gm screw up where everyone gets the gm discount which is what began the used car market decline and put the dagger in and killing the trade in values on cars but was lucky enough to get my negative debt on my ion wiped clean.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VuedIt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VuedIt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VuedIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:46 AM   #13
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuedIt
This is my 3rd saturn, bought a 2003 ion 1 it did its job but had the first year wooos traded it in on a maz 6 which i love, then traded my custom s-10 in on a 2004 ion3 which i loved except the brakes and transmission which i had probs with both of them, then traded that ion in on my 06 Vue: Silver 2.2 and so far i love it especially being it lowerd my insurance LOL. i did get lucky that i was able to get the 10% off plus the gm discount, cause on my 04 ion3 i got hit with that gm screw up where everyone gets the gm discount which is what began the used car market decline and put the dagger in and killing the trade in values on cars but was lucky enough to get my negative debt on my ion wiped clean.
Trade-in values on cars are supressed by all those folks leasing cars and rinsing and repeating every 3 years...ensuring that there's a constant glut of poorly maintained 3 year old vehicles with relatively low mileage in the marketplace.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:50 AM   #14
VuedIt
VuedIt is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 2.2L

o i agree with ya ritz, but all these manufacturers offering there discounts to everyone has flooded the market even more so dont ya think making the matter worse than it was maybe?

2004 Mazda 6i with the auto/stick tranny
2006 Vue 2.2 5 speed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VuedIt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VuedIt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VuedIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:55 PM   #15
kodak_jack
Advanced Member
kodak_jack is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

So much for the haggle-free purchase. Your best move was buying the 07, because after this year, they're going to ruin what you've bought. I had a strong desire to get a Vue and for very specific reasons. That all goes away in '08. With the plastic body and Honda V-6 going away, a comparable vehicle now becomes a Ford Escape. If I wanted a steel body and an ugly design, Hyundai and Kia make those, and the 08 Vue will look like them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kodak_jack's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kodak_jack reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kodak_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:40 PM   #16
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Have you seen the '08 VUE? As in, the actual one?

The Opel/Vauxhall Antara is close, but we're still going to be having some changes between them. Does anyone know how much of the Antara complies with US regulations? (Lights, 5-mph bumpers, etc.) The spy shots we've seen of the next VUE are still only spy shots and under too much camo to form a definite opinion on.

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:21 PM   #17
SoCalVue
SoCalVue is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt
They keep calling me asking me to fill out number 16 with completely satisfied when I get my mailing from the main office. It was almost like they were begging me to forget about the baloney they had pulled and just give them that passing grade. Seems line 16 is all that matters. Guess they get some kind of prize if the get line 16 filled out completely satisfied.
I hate this tactic. I've had it pulled on me several times. Personally, I think it's VERY tacky & unprofessional. When I bought my Tbird in '96, I filled out the survey honestly (sales manager was a jerk & I pretty much said so in the comments). A few weeks later, the salesman calls & rips me a new one, saying he only made $75 on the sale... that I STEAL the car, then ream him on the survey. Again, I thought this was pretty tacky & unprofessional as well, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. Told him I had a few beefs with the buying process, but they had nothing to do with him. Told him I'd talk to whoever & straighten it out.

Sent a letter to the dealership, trying to make amends. When I called a few days later, the saleman was gone.

My Saturn-buying experience wasn't altogether different. The salesman was way too heavy on the schmooze... (gimme a break). When it came to number crunching time, I caught several mathematical errors "Oh, it'll work to your advantage if you take THIS deal instead of THIS..." (I don't think so)

Am SO glad I didn't have to haggle over a trade-in.

My mustang was the easiest buying experience I've had. Made them a cash/out-the-door offer. Went 3 rounds of them trying to get me to come up (I didn't), then they agreed. Spent 45 minutes on paperwork & it was a done deal.

I don't think there are any honest, straight-forward people around any more. Everyone's playing an angle to see what they can get away with.

c'est la vie...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SoCalVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SoCalVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SoCalVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:03 PM   #18
mellissam
mellissam will become famous soon enoughmellissam will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalVue
I hate this tactic. I've had it pulled on me several times. Personally, I think it's VERY tacky & unprofessional. When I bought my Tbird in '96, I filled out the survey honestly (sales manager was a jerk & I pretty much said so in the comments). A few weeks later, the salesman calls & rips me a new one, saying he only made $75 on the sale... that I STEAL the car, then ream him on the survey. Again, I thought this was pretty tacky & unprofessional as well, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. Told him I had a few beefs with the buying process, but they had nothing to do with him. Told him I'd talk to whoever & straighten it out.

Sent a letter to the dealership, trying to make amends. When I called a few days later, the saleman was gone.

My Saturn-buying experience wasn't altogether different. The salesman was way too heavy on the schmooze... (gimme a break). When it came to number crunching time, I caught several mathematical errors "Oh, it'll work to your advantage if you take THIS deal instead of THIS..." (I don't think so)

Am SO glad I didn't have to haggle over a trade-in.

My mustang was the easiest buying experience I've had. Made them a cash/out-the-door offer. Went 3 rounds of them trying to get me to come up (I didn't), then they agreed. Spent 45 minutes on paperwork & it was a done deal.

I don't think there are any honest, straight-forward people around any more. Everyone's playing an angle to see what they can get away with.

c'est la vie...
Well, I got a great salesman, and he wasn't cut from the same cloth as those you find typically in a dealership...What I did find was the back end crew came off as a slime...ech! Trying to sell me extended for $1500 bucks, when in Canada you get 5yr/100km powertrain anyways...couldn't believe he was selling me insurance for the rest of the car (non-powertrain), for the same 5yr/100k term!! Thankfully, we did 'all' of the negotiating over the phone...saved me tons of headache. All I had to do was show up and sign the paperwork.
I did have my salesman call (many many times) about getting straight 'A' on the survey, but an address mix-up nixed that....I'd have given it to him though, because he never tried to sell (ram it down my throat) the car to me, he just gave me prices...and the occassional 'story' about his youth...LOL

I could deal with that....

'Silven'

K&N / Sheep seats / Run Brds / Roof Rack / Fog Lps / Trailer Hitch / Air Horns / LEDs / Power Inv. / Cool Blues

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mellissam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mellissam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mellissam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #19
Big Nickel
Big Nickel is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
If you don't fill out the survey as completely satisfied, the sales and/or service person does not get their bonus or commission. That could amount to hundreds of dollars for them.
I recently received my service survey from the Saturn Canada office for warranty work I had done (had a self-destructing polymer panel replaced) at the end of June. A few days later I received a letter from dealer reminding me to fill out the survey, and return it to them at the dealer and if I did so I would get a "free punch" on my oil change tag (... 4 punches, the 5th free). Also received a flyer from Saturn Canada again reminding me to return the survey to THEM. The letter from the dealer also noted that they strive to be "completely satisfied" in all that they do etc.. This was noted in bold at least 10 times.

According to the letter... "completely satisfied" means 80% or better. Because it took 2 1/2 weeks to order and receive the door panel (and I had to call a number of times to find out what why it was taking so long...I had a front passenger door that could not be opened and a very cranky carpool sitting in the backseat).... I was only "satisfied" with the overall experience to say the least.

Shouldn't "completely satisfied" be worth 95% or more? And if the survey is returned to the dealer (instead of head office)... does the dealer have any obligation to provide the survey to the head office?

2006 Vue 2.2L (5 speed)- 157 000 km and counting

1999 SL1 - 245 000 km and still goin' strong

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Big Nickel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Big Nickel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Big Nickel is offline   Reply With Quote