SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 10-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
speed racer
speed racer is on a distinguished road

1991 SL2
Default electrical issues 1991 sl2

Besides my post on the odometer I have another question. I have a fuse on the interior fuse panel which I have replaced a couple of times and it keeps burning out. It controls the dome light, trunk light, and I am not sure what else. My rear defroster and hazard lights are not working as well. When I have replaced it the dome light and trunk light have worked but the next time I go out to start the car they have quit working again. I am sure there is a short somewhere but do not know how to go about finding it. By the way, is a 1991 sl2 supposed to have DRL or not? After reading some other posts I though I should let you know mine don't work (if I have them). I put a factory stereo back in after the last guy had a aftermarket kind of sitting in the hole. I know one time there was a bare wire which shorted out the chime function but I took care of it and now have the chime working again.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
stevestar99
stevestar99 will become famous soon enoughstevestar99 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: electrical issues 1991 sl2

Replaced the fuse with a temporary 12v bulb. Put the bulb where you can see it. Slam doors, flip switches off and on.. etc. The lamp will "light" up when something is drawing power. When the short happens the lamp will become "bright". Make note of what you are doing. OR place a LED lamp with a 47 ohm resister in series then parallel it with the fuse (observe polarity). Put the lamp where you can see it. When the fuse blows, the lamp will light. PS. had similar problem and it turn out to be a shorted "back-up" lamp, so very time I put it in reverse...fuse would blow.

Last edited by stevestar99; 10-14-2009 at 09:26 PM.
stevestar99 is offline   Reply With Quote