SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2
Default Pontiac Solstice wheels on my Aura

I picked up some polished Solstice wheels over the summer and bought some tires a few weeks later. I was going to have them chrome plated or at least pick up a polishing kit and do a mirror like polish to them before installing them. But a piece of metal spinning across the highway changed my plans. I ran over the piece of metal and sliced open one of my original tires. Instead or replacing the sliced tire, I decided to have the pressure monitors swapped and tires mounted the day I got the flat. I guess I could always polish the wheels with the tires mounted.

I got rid of the OE steel wheels and tires, including the sliced one on craigslist this morning. Once I find a box and figure out shipping, my 17" chrome Malibu wheel covers will be for sale.

On with the pics.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
greyXE
greyXE is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Pontiac Solstice wheels on my Aura

So the tires are the same size as original oem? Those look sharp!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greyXE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greyXE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greyXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

Yes. The tires I bought are oem size that come on Aura's with factory 18's. The tires that were on the wheels when I bought them were too wide. 225/50R18 on there now versus the 245/45R18's that's oem for the Solstice.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
journeyforce
journeyforce is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

So both front and back Solstice rims are the same size?

Looking at the wheels on the Solstice it always seemed that the rear wheels were bigger then the fronts. It is nice to know they are the same.

What are you using for center caps? The Pontiac ones or will the Saturn Sky or 18in Saturn Aura center cap?

Nice looking wheels

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to journeyforce's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help journeyforce reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
journeyforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #5
Low Saturn

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
So both front and back Solstice rims are the same size?

Looking at the wheels on the Solstice it always seemed that the rear wheels were bigger then the fronts. It is nice to know they are the same.
Yep, they're the same size.

Quote:
What are you using for center caps? The Pontiac ones or will the Saturn Sky or 18in Saturn Aura center cap?
Still rocking the Pontiac ones. I'll eventually get either Saturn caps or plain ones.

Quote:
Nice looking wheels
Thanks

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #6
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE

Hey Mike,
Any chance you will ever buy a car that isn't silver?

Though I should talk. I've had nothin' but white cars for the last 15 years. But I'm thinking it's about time for a change.

Last edited by greenman; 10-23-2011 at 11:42 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #7
Low Saturn

2000 SC2

Actually I've only had three silver cars in my lifetime. The Tahoe and Suburban on the pictures are Pewter. More of a champagne gold color than silver. Also, the Aura isnt exactly silver. Its darker than other silver cars. Saturn called it tarnished silver.

My list of cars and their colors since 1989:

1979 Dodge Omni - blue
1981 Buick Skylark - brown
1984 Buick Skylark - silver
1991 Saturn Sl2 - blue/green
1994 Saturn SL2 - plum
1993 SL2 - blue/green
1962 Chevy Bel Air - blue
1991 Saturn SL2 - blue
2001 Lexus IS300 - diamond white pearl
2002 Chevy Tahoe - Pewter
1993 Saturn SW2 - blue/green
1995 Saturn SL2 - blue/black
2001 Chevy Suburban - Pewter
1994 Saturn SC2 - red
1994 Saturn SL2 - medium red
1995 Saturn SC2 - purple
1993 Saturn SL2 - blue
1992 Saturn SL2 - medium red
1995 Saturn SL2 - dark green
1994 Saturn SL2 - light blue/green
1994 Saturn SC2 - red
1999 Saturn SC2 - silver
1996 Saturn SC2 - white
1991 Saturn SC - white
1994 Saturn SL2 - medium red
2008 Saturn Aura - silver

This is what I can remember by memory. I know theres more.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-29-2011, 09:41 PM   #8
R33SMods
R33SMods is on a distinguished road

That is pretty damn slick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to R33SMods's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help R33SMods reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
R33SMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #9
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Yes. The tires I bought are oem size that come on Aura's with factory 18's. The tires that were on the wheels when I bought them were too wide. 225/50R18 on there now versus the 245/45R18's that's oem for the Solstice.
Looks great! What about the difference in the offsets?

The wheel from the Solstice (55mm offset) a RWD car, and the Aura (40mm offset) being FWD.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:25 PM   #10
Low Saturn

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
Looks great! What about the difference in the offsets?

The wheel from the Solstice (55mm offset) a RWD car, and the Aura (40mm offset) being FWD.
No issues with using OEM sized tires. When the OEM sized Solstice tires where on the wheels, they were really close to the front strut housing. The person I bought them from had them on a G6 which basically has the same suspension as the Aura. I could tell that the tires were slightly rubbing the strut on his car on hard cornering. When I test fit them on the Aura, I couldnt fit a finger between the strut and tire. But with the tires I have on there now, there's more room.

After I put a few more miles on them, I'll recheck to see if there is any slight rubbung. If there is, I might grab some thin hubcentric spacers. But so far, everything seems fine.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #11
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

Those wheels look really fly on your AURA. I upgraded to XR 18s on my Aura, especially after I had several 17' OEM steelies that were out-of-round. Unloaded my old rims, covers, and bald-ish tires for $200.

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote