SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 09:10 PM   #1
KrgION03
KrgION03 is on a distinguished road

Default ION Sedan vs. Quad Coupe

When I first saw some pics of the quad coupe, I thought I definately should have waited for it. But, After owning the sedan for 2 months, and spending a lot of time fooling around with the quad coupe at my dealer, I have to say I think I like the sedan better. I like the rear end of the sedan better because it is more edgy and seems to flow with the overall design of the car better. The sedan is also more distinctive looking. I think the quad coupe looks too much like the old SC2. It doesn't have the sharp lines of the sedan. The sedan feels a lot more roomy on the inside as well, probably because of the increased height over the coupe. I dunno, I just like the sedan better overall for some reason, and i'm glad I got it instead of the quad coupe. Anyone else like the ION sedan better than the quad coupe, or do I stand alone on this one?

Kyle

18 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic, Narvik Black
15 Porsche Cayman, Carrara White
Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KrgION03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KrgION03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2003, 02:51 AM   #2
BradJK
BradJK is on a distinguished road

2005 RELAY-2
2001 SL2

IT's a tough call on this one. I think I like the coupe more but the sedan is quite appealling in the right colors.
AAAAHHH I cant decide.
Coupe....Maybe......Yeah alright the coupe is my choice.

Good by SL2, Hello???
Just waiting on the 5 door Astra

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BradJK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BradJK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2003, 08:00 AM   #3
jmettee
jmettee is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Quad Coupe

I prefer the coupe. Mainly for the nose & tail. The coupe has a more agressive & sporty front fascia. The rear is also more sporty than the sedan in my opinion (especially on mine when my EFX spoiler gets here next week!). But to each his own.

J

2003 SATURN Ion QC3m
"Giggity Giggity Goo" -Quagmire

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jmettee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jmettee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2003, 08:38 AM   #4
csdibiase
csdibiase is on a distinguished road

I guess it depends on what you want out of the car... the QC looks very sleek and sporty, but the sedan just looks nice and cool for a sedan.

Personally I'm happy I got the sedan, but then again I'm in no position to want to buy anything sporty

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to csdibiase's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help csdibiase reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:34 AM   #5
SonataInFSharp
SonataInFSharp is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

Overall I am glad I bought the sedan, as I am an old fart stuck in a 25yo body.... I was going to take the Buick Century over the ION at first-- can you believe that?

For the "newbies" (I realy hate that word, actually), I have a few side-by-side photo comparisons on one of my webpages...

http://www.geocities.com/sonatainfsharp/compare.html

It's not professional quality, but it was fun to do!

KrgION--- how often do you mess around at your dealer? I would go to mine every weekend if I could, but I don't want to pi$$ anyone off!

*Drive it like you bought it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SonataInFSharp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SonataInFSharp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:42 AM   #6
NiteFlite
NiteFlite is on a distinguished road

Hmm... I would like to combine features of both. For one, I think the coupe has a better front end. The sedan's front end sometimes looks like it is falling off.

I like the four doors of my sedan, but I would like to have used the seating available in the coup, including the fold over front seat and the caddy in between the two rear seats.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NiteFlite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NiteFlite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2003, 11:31 AM   #7
TomS
TomS is on a distinguished road

Me too, I think the coupe's front end is a lot more attractive. But I like the extra headroom in the sedan. I'm only 5'7" but I felt really claustrophobic in the coupe when I sat in one. I'm going to take a testdrive this weekend though, so maybe my impression will change. My old sc2 was short too, and it didn't bother me, but I've gotten used to my VW which has a ton of headroom.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TomS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TomS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2003, 12:41 PM   #8
benpatient
benpatient is on a distinguished road

i would like the sedan body with the coupe hood/lights/front grill and bumper area.

that would be the ultimate.

i like the sedan rear a LOT more than the coupe, and i could go either way on which way my rear doors open, but i want the headroom (i am 6'2'' after all), and i like my car.

i do wish the sedan came with the 2-tone leather of the QC. maybe that will happen next year. i'll have one of the rare solid-color leather IONs.

with grey roof rails.

oh well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to benpatient's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help benpatient reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2003, 01:11 PM   #9
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

If the QC had a higher HP engine or more mechanical enhancements I would have waited for the QC over the sedan.

The way I figured it was the QC was going to cost more to buy, cost more to insure, but on the inside all Ions regardless of trim level or sedan or coupe was pretty much mechanically the same, so there was no performance advantage for the added cost, so I picked my sedan and am happy with it.

The Red Line is a different story, but if we can add a GM supercharger/Intercooler kit to our existing Ions I will be really, really happy with a sleeper Ion.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2003, 01:23 PM   #10
TomS
TomS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaseball
If the QC had a higher HP engine or more mechanical enhancements I would have waited for the QC over the sedan.
Are there any suspension/handling differences between the QC and sedan? When my wife and I bought our sl2 and sc2 in '97 and '98 the sc2 had a slightly stuffer suspension, but I haven't seen anything like that in the specs for the ions.

I'm going to try to test drive both soon either way, hopefully back to back...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TomS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TomS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread