SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2020, 12:13 PM   #1
floridasl22002
floridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to behold

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Current Up/Down Nature of the Site

I know that others have posted/commented recently on the site being hit by spurious posts and I know that Charlie has apologized for getting rid of this PITA. I also know that some more experienced on the inner workings of Forums have commented that the hosts of this site keep having outtages or whatever they are called. One person even posted that Charlie is running a very old version of the software and that appears to be the root cause of many of the issues.

Who over runs this site and for whatever they reason they run this site, the current p/down nature of the site is a disservice to all those who post to either gain help, or to pass on their knowledge and expertise to help others.

We all know this forum, like thousands of others is free to join, but like any membership body, it stands or falls by its members.

I really feel for the many members who are in the midst of trying to fix and keep their Saturns on the road. There are few places to go elsewhere for help. So this forum IS important. But if we can't keep this site running efficiently and is breaking down more and more, then how can we expect to help folks keep their Saturns running efficiently and which because of age, keep breaking down more and more.

Moan over!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to floridasl22002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help floridasl22002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
floridasl22002 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2020, 06:08 PM   #2
focusofheart
focusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2
Default Re: Current Up/Down Nature of the Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasl22002 View Post
...Moan over!
I prefer to count my blessings and be thankful for what I have received through this forum.

If this forum goes down for a short time, I will continue to remember Charlie's words, "I'm upgrading the site to a new server in the next month, and while I'm tinkering that's when I'll add the capability."

...and if this forum ever goes down permanently, I am certain a new avenue will open to help me with my questions.

Saturn 1998 - SL2 automatic
Singer 1952 - 301A knee driven

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to focusofheart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help focusofheart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
focusofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:03 AM   #3
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant future

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Wrench Re: Current Up/Down Nature of the Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasl22002 View Post
I know that others have posted/commented recently on the site being hit by spurious posts and I know that Charlie has apologized for getting rid of this PITA. I also know that some more experienced on the inner workings of Forums have commented that the hosts of this site keep having outtages or whatever they are called. One person even posted that Charlie is running a very old version of the software and that appears to be the root cause of many of the issues.

Who over runs this site and for whatever they reason they run this site, the current p/down nature of the site is a disservice to all those who post to either gain help, or to pass on their knowledge and expertise to help others.

We all know this forum, like thousands of others is free to join, but like any membership body, it stands or falls by its members.

I really feel for the many members who are in the midst of trying to fix and keep their Saturns on the road. There are few places to go elsewhere for help. So this forum IS important. But if we can't keep this site running efficiently and is breaking down more and more, then how can we expect to help folks keep their Saturns running efficiently and which because of age, keep breaking down more and more.

Moan over!
Hi,

I really am sorry for the inconvenience. I'm planning to move to the new server this week. I'll post a note to let you know when the move will occur ahead of time. I don't mean any disservice it disrespect. The site crashes are extremely frustrating to me as well.

Thanks for your support,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:16 PM   #4
robfike
robfike is on a distinguished road

2000 SW2

Thanks!
I love this site!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to robfike's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help robfike reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
robfike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:12 AM   #5
floridasl22002
floridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to behold

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Thank you Charlie. I've used this site for about 6 or 7 years and this site has helped keep both my 2 son's Saturn's on the road. I honestly do not know what I would do without this site. I'd probably sell the remaining Saturn L300.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to floridasl22002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help floridasl22002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
floridasl22002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:29 PM   #6
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Maybe posting in another site like FB that the forum is down would alleviate the mystery.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 03:01 PM   #7
focusofheart
focusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
... I'll post a note to let you know when the move will occur ahead of time...
When Charlie moves the forum, please realize that the changes usually take 24 to 48 hours to fully start working. Normally there will be a landing page to let us know that propagation is in progress.

Saturn 1998 - SL2 automatic
Singer 1952 - 301A knee driven

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to focusofheart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help focusofheart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
focusofheart is offline   Reply With Quote