SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2020, 09:40 PM   #1
Aeryn
Aeryn is on a distinguished road

Default Mechanic recommendation for '03 Vue in Orange County CA

I have an oil leak of unknown origin, small but slowly getting worse. Not in a position to DIY.

I have been taking my Vue to a GM dealership for regular maintenance but they've tried my last nerve.

Anyone have a recommendation in Orange County?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Aeryn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Aeryn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2020, 10:08 AM   #2
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: Mechanic recommendation for '03 Vue in Orange County CA

V6 vue?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cavell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:46 PM   #3
Aeryn
Aeryn is on a distinguished road

Yep, V6.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Aeryn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Aeryn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 01:57 PM   #4
burnt orange
burnt orange is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

You need some references from friends or some such source...Here in kansaas the vue dealership went over to a gm/buick dealer..But their a ways away. I just take it into a shop thats been around awhile...They do my ford pickup too..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burnt orange's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burnt orange reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
burnt orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:42 PM   #5
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L

Motor is made by opel of Germany. Any foreign shop could change the valve cover gaskets. Though I bet only 2% of mechanics have ever worked on one. Remove intake plenum, change gaskets. Use good silicone gaskets. Not cheap $20 “rubber” Chinese ones. I saw a vue at junkyard with radiator/front end gone. The motor was COVERED in oil. Ugh.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cavell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote