SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #21
BullyCanadian
BullyCanadian has a spectacular aura aboutBullyCanadian has a spectacular aura about

2003 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Something in the steering snapped, steering wheel turns around and around, tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfpipe View Post
something similar just happend to my 2005 vue
freaked out scary
That's nuts! Were you okay?

1992 Saturn SL2 has been sold as of June 2007...
2003 4.6L v8 Mustang 5speed Sold as of March 2014...
Daily Driver ... 2003 i4 5speed Vue
Mileage Currently @ (09/30/2014) 268,000 km (166,500 mi)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BullyCanadian's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BullyCanadian reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BullyCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2018, 04:13 AM   #22
doublesharp
doublesharp is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Something in the steering snapped, steering wheel turns around and around, tires

I'll bet this tells the whole story...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQmYB09cQms[/url]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to doublesharp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help doublesharp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
doublesharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:39 PM   #23
doublesharp
doublesharp is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
Wrench Re: Something in the steering snapped, steering wheel turns around and around, tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
I wish we knew more ... this could be the most serious problem I've heard of with Vue's of any model year.

There was a service bulletin to adjust the intermediate shaft pinch bolt for a few Vue's ... I was thinking if the bolt came loose the steering shaft could separate from steering gear (see thumbnail).

The OP mentioned clicking and binding a few days before failure - some good clues there - I'll be parking mine until I hear more.
I posted this a long time ago (on this thread) but didn't see any action/reaction to it.... as you mentioned; this could be the most serious problem we Vue owners have to watch for. It happened to my wife and me and obviously others but it is nearly impossible to find info about.
As a respected Saturnfans.com member could you help get the warning out there?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to doublesharp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help doublesharp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
doublesharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 01:57 PM   #24
Bismarck318
Bismarck318 is on a distinguished road

Location: Birthplace of Rust, FKA The Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublesharp View Post
I posted this a long time ago (on this thread) but didn't see any action/reaction to it.... as you mentioned; this could be the most serious problem we Vue owners have to watch for. It happened to my wife and me and obviously others but it is nearly impossible to find info about.
As a respected Saturnfans.com member could you help get the warning out there?
I think most are gone, is this limited again to northern salt corrosion, & cold issues?

Report it.....

File a Vehicle Safety Complaint

Angry White Planet Ohth.... The Real "Salt Life"!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bismarck318's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bismarck318 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bismarck318 is offline   Reply With Quote