saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion

Old 07-27-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
captsam
captsam is on a distinguished road

1997 SW2
1996 SL2
Default Article about an abandoned Saturn Dealership in Illinois

Perhaps nostalgic for this of us still hanging onto our Saturn's. This was a pretty entertaining read. In a way, it reflects on this of us still driving the cars.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/35113/...ould-have-been
captsam is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2020, 12:37 PM   #2
Kaervak
Kaervak has a spectacular aura aboutKaervak has a spectacular aura about

1999 SL2
Default Re: Article about an abandoned Saturn Dealership in Illinois

It would be interesting to walk around the inside of that dealership, a bit sad too. The dealer where I bought my 99 from is gone. Demolished the building and an Audi dealership was built on the lot. That was a bit of a bummer. I still remember not only the day I picked up my 99, but being at the dealer ordering my 99 with everything I wanted. I was invited to that dealer when they unveiled the L-series and had a presentation about it where they went over the car in detail and had a little "party" for it. Cool stuff when I think about it, "hey Saturn owner you're invited to see the premier of our new car, come in and enjoy the party." That dealer was always cool every time I was there for service. The other two nearby Saturn dealers are still around. One was taken over by Toyota and is their used car dealer and the other is split into a collision repair center and Indian barbecue. Little bit weird on the last one.

Damn shame what happened to Saturn, so much potential, wasted. It's also sad seeing so many S-series end up in junkyards. I see a lot of them with less than 200k on a routine basis. Even a few with less than 100k and they aren't accident damaged either. Could be engine or trans damage admittedly, but still depressing when you see it.
Kaervak is offline   Reply With Quote