SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Have You Toured the Saturn Plant in Spring Hill, Tennessee?
Yes 32 25.81%
No 92 74.19%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 08:01 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Question Have You Toured the Saturn Plant in Spring Hill?

Have you toured Saturn's manufacturing facility in Spring Hill, TN? When did you go? Would you go back again?

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2003, 08:10 PM   #2
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line

Most certainly!

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-07-2003, 08:11 PM   #3
THX712517

I was going to go, but it turned out that the week I begged off on bended knee was the same week that the plant shut down for turnover. That sucked, big time. Hopefully the Homecoming will show up sooner rather than later, in which case I can say I need time off from work for "religious reasons". I'm goin' to Mecca, baby.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to THX712517's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help THX712517 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 09-07-2003, 08:39 PM   #4
MaxSL2
Advanced Member
MaxSL2 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

That's funny! I had the same prob. this summer. I was going down to visit some relatives in FL in late June and was going to stop but found out the plant closed 2-3 days before I was going to leave and woudn't be open again until the day after I had to be home

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MaxSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MaxSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-07-2003, 08:40 PM   #5
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
I was fortunate enough to get on all of the three different tours provided in the 1999 Homecoming. From everything I was told, that included more than what is normally available. If I ever get back to the Nashville area, I'd be very interested in seeing the plant again as it is now configured to produce the VUE, ION and the Ecotec engine.
What has been particular frustrating to me is Saturn's lack of a tour through the Wilmington plant because that is only a 90 minute drive from my home.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-07-2003, 08:54 PM   #6
Xanatos
Xanatos is on a distinguished road

Unfortuantely I have never had an opportunity to go. I think next time I'm out in Ohio I'll take a day trip to Spring Hill to go tour the plant however.

Maybe Homecoming will come in 2004, and we can all meet there

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Xanatos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Xanatos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-07-2003, 08:54 PM   #7
Stn Dvr
Stn Dvr is on a distinguished road

I toured the plant during the last Saturn Homecoming. Yes, I was impressed with the cleanliness and the overall operation of the facility.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Stn Dvr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Stn Dvr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-07-2003, 10:10 PM   #8
swoker183
swoker183 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line

i havent been there, but hope to go there someday

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to swoker183's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help swoker183 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-07-2003, 10:48 PM   #9
mikthehickNC
mikthehickNC is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
1996 SL1

i want to go, but not by myself--Homecoming or a Saturnfans kinda ordeal would be awesome

2005 Mazda6 Hatch

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikthehickNC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikthehickNC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-08-2003, 06:35 AM   #10
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
Dizzy

Quote:
Originally posted by mikthehickNC
i want to go, but not by myself--Homecoming or a Saturnfans kinda ordeal would be awesome
Ordeal?????? Don't tell me that you are one of those who sits in the backseat and asks "Are we there yet?"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-08-2003, 07:02 AM   #11
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally posted by Xanatos
Unfortuantely I have never had an opportunity to go. I think next time I'm out in Ohio I'll take a day trip to Spring Hill to go tour the plant however.

Maybe Homecoming will come in 2004, and we can all meet there
That's one heck of a long day trip! It's a good 8 hour drive from the southernmost Ohio border to Spring Hill, Tenn. That's where my dad's family is from and he goes there all the time, but I haven't gone with him yet, and haven't seen the Saturn plant, but my brother has! He didn't tour it, though.

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-08-2003, 07:15 AM   #12
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default No

I haven't been to Spring Hill, but I did get the opportunity to tour the Wilmington, DE plant where they build the L-Series. Cynthia Trudell was there that day and talked to our group.... pretty exciting.

On a side note I met Jill Lajdziak a few weeks ago when she visited the Saturn of York, PA facility. She's not very tall but very well spoken and easy to talk to. Sorry, I had to brag!

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-08-2003, 08:02 AM   #13
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

i've been there three times. homecoming (1994), homecoming 1999, and the saturn performance pilgrimage in 1998.

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:40 AM   #14
CanVueYes!
CanVueYes! is on a distinguished road

Happy

Visited there during the 1999 Homecoming.

Things must have changed a lot with the addition of the VUE and ION production lines.

Sure would like to go back if there is another Homecoming. Last time the Homecoming was for my former little SL2, and next time for my little VUE to see its mama.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CanVueYes!'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CanVueYes! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-08-2003, 12:36 PM   #15
rebelchic
rebelchic is on a distinguished road

Nope, but I don't really have an excuse. One of my friends lives out there so one of these days I'll drive west and check it out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rebelchic's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rebelchic reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-08-2003, 04:11 PM   #16
bravesfann23
bravesfann23 is on a distinguished road

No but maybe one day soon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bravesfann23's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bravesfann23 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:48 PM   #17
Hiddenlites
Advanced Member
Hiddenlites is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2

Haven't been there, YET.

1993 Saturn SC2 75k
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2008 Saturn VUE Redline 175k sold 7/8/16
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
2016 GMC Acadia

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiddenlites's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiddenlites reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-09-2003, 03:58 AM   #18
BradJK
BradJK is on a distinguished road

2005 RELAY-2
2001 SL2

I haven't been there yet as it is just too far away. Now if they offered Spring hill delivery of new Saturns So I could fly one way and drive a new car home I would be there in a flash

Good by SL2, Hello???
Just waiting on the 5 door Astra

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BradJK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BradJK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-09-2003, 09:56 AM   #19
SaturnWife
SaturnWife is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 AURA XE
Happy Saturn Homecoming 99

I was very fortunate to visit the plant during the Saturn Homecoming in July of 99. I went down with three of my friends and my, at the time, brand new red three door coupe. My husband is a sales consultant with Saturn and actually had to work, so I went without him! Needless to say, he was a "little" jealous!
The workers were all so excited to see us and most of them had signs that they held up saying, thank you. We were able to sign a wall and wave at everyone. It was a hot, but fun three days!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnWife's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnWife reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-09-2003, 01:47 PM   #20
MydnightMyst
Advanced Member
MydnightMyst is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
1997 SC2

The first time I went was in 1998 with the SPC and SPS Rally. Our first SPC Rally!!! It was hot, humid, yucky, but FUN!
Second time was just this year, again with the Rally! Much better weather wise (except for the rain during the autocross IN Saturn's parking lot!), and still TONS of fun!!!
I know we will go again someday.
You're missing out on quite the experience if you haven't gone yet, but if you don't find that kind of thing interesting, then there's no point in going.
I am always fascinated because I am a factory worker and I had never been in a plant bigger than my own on Dryden Rd. until I visited the Corvette and Saturn plants. The Saturn plant could fit two Corvette or Truck and Bus plants in it, it's THAT huge!!!!
The people there are really cool. The tour is really awesome..
The area is just beautiful to visit.

~Christena J. Snowden~
1996 Saturn SL2 drag car
1996 Saturn SL2 street car
1997 Saturn SC2, 2003 OLOA class winner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MydnightMyst's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MydnightMyst reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread