SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2018, 01:34 AM   #1
N Red
N Red is on a distinguished road

Question selling 2004 Red Line Ion with 60k miles

The time has come for me to get something with more seats so I'm selling my 2004 and would prefer to find a buyer that already knows about the car.

It only has 60k miles on it, is well maintained but driven hard at times and all that...

So I have two questions:
  • what price range should I list (I get range from $2700-3400 from Edmunds and $3400-4400 from KBB)?
  • What are the best places to post (in addition to the classifieds here) to find people that want a Red Line?
This is for San Jose, CA.

(I've uploaded a photo into the member gallery but can't include the link until I've posted more.)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to N Red's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help N Red reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
N Red is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2018, 12:07 PM   #2
N Red

Default Re: selling 2004 Red Line Ion with 60k miles

Okay, I've posted in the classified section (as an auction to help sort out the price) - pictures available there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help N Red reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #3
N Red

Sold to a local bidder.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-28-2018, 02:14 AM   #4
Alexferguson
Alexferguson is on a distinguished road

The only way to look at this purchase is for parts value. Best case scenario you fix the engine and everything else is great and it drives good. Worst case you fix the engine then find out the tranny is shot and the suspension needs to be replaced. I would check out the underside carefully cause I have seen someone bottom out a car destroy the oil pan and seize the engine. He put on a new oil pan and tried to paint the frame and say it just needed a new engine but he hit so hard the sub frame was tweaked and there just was no hope for it. This was a bit of an extreme situation but just be careful and make sure if you need to part it out you can get your money back since you are the one taking this risk.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Alexferguson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Alexferguson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Alexferguson is offline   Reply With Quote