SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 10:10 AM   #1
MeaNGreeNSL2
MeaNGreeNSL2 is on a distinguished road

Default Help with new VUE awd VTi

I just wanna know how good this new VTi transmission is, im looking at getting a new VUE here in a few months and wanted to know from the ppl who own one, or have driven one how well they work? Also is how does it feel when its choosing gears? I test drove an awd V6 yesterday and loved every minute of it, just think its a little out of my price range. please help answer these q's for me.

-B

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MeaNGreeNSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MeaNGreeNSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2002, 11:02 AM   #2
MattDaddy
MattDaddy is on a distinguished road

Green,

I'm looking at the same scenario. We did have this thread a while back that touched on that issue somewhat.

I chose not to drive the V6, as I knew it would be out of my price range. I'd prefer to not know what I'd be missing

Hope that previous thread helps. From what I've read, everyone likes their VTi, and I enjoyed test driving it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MattDaddy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MattDaddy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-22-2002, 12:16 PM   #3
03VUEAWDVTI
Advanced Member
03VUEAWDVTI is on a distinguished road

I have one, and I love it. It has no gears to choose as it is a belt and pulley design. Step on the throttle and RPM's rise and hold to an RPM consistent with how much throttle you gave it. As you get to your desired speed, revs smoothly drop off as the vehicle continues to settle into your desired speed. It is glass smooth in its operation. I have well over 10K miles on my car.

My retailer did replace my trans thinking that some chassis noises were trans related. I think that they misdiagnosed the problem as the noises were (and are) still there after the swap.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 03VUEAWDVTI's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 03VUEAWDVTI reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-22-2002, 02:09 PM   #4
WeeeZer14
Advanced Member
WeeeZer14 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I only have about 700 miles on my AWD VTi VUE, but I have also loved every minute. Smooth is definately the best word to describe it. No jerky motions for shifts anywhere. And it is a blast to show off to people. If you are accelerating at a moderate rate (not full open throttle) from a stop, the tach will jump from idle of 600 rpm to like 3k, then after a few feet, the RPMs will actually go down as you continue to accelerate. The look on peoples' faces -- priceless.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WeeeZer14's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WeeeZer14 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-22-2002, 04:56 PM   #5
alanhvue
alanhvue is on a distinguished road

I test-drove both the 4 cyl w/ VTi and 6 cyl with the regular automatic (both AWD). I liked the 4 VTi a lot, and that's what I bought. I drove it 4000 miles across country and it was just great.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alanhvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alanhvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-22-2002, 07:08 PM   #6
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
Happy

Add me to the list of satisfied VTi owners. I have little to add to what has been said. The Ecotec/VTi served me well last Monday. I was near the I-81/I-78 split in central PA last Monday and a creep driving an 18 wheeler was boxing me in with a lane narrowing up ahead. As I saw he was not going to pull over to let me move to enter his lane, I floored the VUE from a travelling speed of 70 mph and quickly got it up to 85 mph to move in front of the truck prior to the narrowing. The acceleration and responce were totally satisfactory to get me out of a potentially dangerous situation.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-23-2002, 01:21 AM   #7
MeaNGreeNSL2
MeaNGreeNSL2 is on a distinguished road

Well guys after going over what you read, along with the fact that after i posted i decided to take the wife up to Saturn to drive one for myself. Tell you the truth i loved it. It was a dream to drive and almost bought it today too. BUt sadly they wanted to much from me and theres no way i could have done it But i will live i have a nice car, 2000 SL2, that i will continue to work on, and maybe in a few years i will get me one. Thanx for the help.

-B

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MeaNGreeNSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MeaNGreeNSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-23-2002, 04:30 PM   #8
corympak
Advanced Member
corympak is on a distinguished road

Default Baby-ass smooth

I can drive around town without a lid on my Tim's.....

"....who the heck is Tim?" asks the Americanos.....

1-2003 Jeep Rubicon
1-Bubble Blowing Lawn Mower

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to corympak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help corympak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-23-2002, 07:31 PM   #9
Scratch1SL
Scratch1SL is on a distinguished road

Being able to do that with a Tim's should almost be a deciding factor for Canadians considering the Vue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Scratch1SL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Scratch1SL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-25-2002, 08:22 AM   #10
mr weather
mr weather is on a distinguished road

I agree totally! One thing I like about my VUE is the large cupholders in the console and the mammoth "spill containment infrastructure" underneath. I'm sure it could easily hold an x-large regular and not lose a drop on the carpet.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mr weather's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mr weather reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-25-2002, 09:27 PM   #11
corympak
Advanced Member
corympak is on a distinguished road

Default Holders

ya, those holders kick ass, especially since I can pry the coffee stained rubber out and clean it inside.

...but, the VTi rocks for non-spilleage!

1-2003 Jeep Rubicon
1-Bubble Blowing Lawn Mower

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to corympak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help corympak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread