SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2019, 01:24 PM   #1
02BlackSC2
02BlackSC2 is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
2005 VUE Red Line
Default What to do with old seats

Hey gentlemen. I have a 2002 SC2. My original seats were tan fabric. My wife bought some black leather seats for the front and back to replace mine. Any ideas what I could do with the old ones? I don't want to store them, but I don't want to just throw them away. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02BlackSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02BlackSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
02BlackSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2019, 02:15 PM   #2
focusofheart
focusofheart has a spectacular aura aboutfocusofheart has a spectacular aura aboutfocusofheart has a spectacular aura about

1998 SL2
Default Re: What to do with old seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BlackSC2 View Post
Hey gentlemen. I have a 2002 SC2. My original seats were tan fabric. My wife bought some black leather seats for the front and back to replace mine. Any ideas what I could do with the old ones? I don't want to store them, but I don't want to just throw them away. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
No idea what to do with your old seats, other than give them to the Salvation Army, yet I would like you to verify that your new seats are indeed full grain LEATHER - not PU, PVC, Bonded Leather, Genuine Leather or even Faux Leather.

Normally full or top grain leather is fairly expensive and these should be treated differently than other 'leather' products.

The label 'leather' is placed on many things that are really not actual leather, unfortunately.

On second thought, you might secure the old seats to a portable wood platform to allow the kids to play or use them as additional outdoor seating.

1998 SL2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to focusofheart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help focusofheart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
focusofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:58 PM   #3
02BlackSC2

2002 SC2
2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusofheart View Post
No idea what to do with your old seats, other than give them to the Salvation Army, yet I would like you to verify that your new seats are indeed full grain LEATHER - not PU, PVC, Bonded Leather, Genuine Leather or even Faux Leather.

Normally full or top grain leather is fairly expensive and these should be treated differently than other 'leather' products.

The label 'leather' is placed on many things that are really not actual leather, unfortunately.

On second thought, you might secure the old seats to a portable wood platform to allow the kids to play or use them as additional outdoor seating.

I don't believe The Salvation Army or Goodwill takes any kind of auto parts.

There's no telling what they are really made of since they are factory Saturn leather seats 😉.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 02BlackSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-24-2019, 11:57 PM   #4
focusofheart
focusofheart has a spectacular aura aboutfocusofheart has a spectacular aura aboutfocusofheart has a spectacular aura about

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BlackSC2 View Post
...There's no telling what they are really made of since they are factory Saturn leather seats 😉.
Sorry - as a tailor and dressmaker I tend to ask about fabrics or pass on information that may be of help, even without being asked.

Many people on this forum seem to collect Saturns, whereas I collect 301A Singer sewing machines, both short and long bed, and I get to drive a Saturn.

1998 SL2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help focusofheart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-25-2019, 01:28 AM   #5
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

I've always wanted to do something like the attached or turn them into more mobile office chairs here.

Not much to be done with the rear seat(s), not only are they 2 piece (bottom and top/back) but the bottom's have no frame to attach anything to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carseatchair.jpg (61.6 KB, 1 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:05 AM   #6
focusofheart

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
I've always wanted to do something like the attached or turn them into more mobile office chairs here.

Not much to be done with the rear seat(s), not only are they 2 piece (bottom and top/back) but the bottom's have no frame to attach anything to.
Your comment got me to looking -

LOLOLOL! Look at #17 to see what someone did with a rear seat.

https://diyjoy.com/upcycling-diy-projects-car-parts/

1998 SL2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-30-2019, 08:55 PM   #7
02BlackSC2

2002 SC2
2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post

That is AMAZING! I just read this post, told my wife how awesome the idea is, and am now in the process of being shot down.😏 This is life. I'll see how far I can push it. 😉

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-30-2019, 09:03 PM   #8
02BlackSC2

2002 SC2
2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusofheart View Post
Your comment got me to looking -

LOLOLOL! Look at #17 to see what someone did with a rear seat.

https://diyjoy.com/upcycling-diy-projects-car-parts/
Focus,

There are some really neat things on that link. I really enjoy looking through things like that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!