SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2016, 07:58 PM   #1
GEB
GEB is on a distinguished road

Default Greenline transmission bearing

Has anyone had to change the bearing in the transmission where the right side drive shaft enters the transmission (at the inside CV joint) on a front wheel drive Vue greenline. If so do you have any details and thanks. I can move the shaft up and down at least an 1/8" and I'm sure the seal is done also. Not sure of the proper item names but I hope everyone understands.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GEB's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GEB reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GEB is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2016, 09:41 PM   #2
lord_varon
Advanced Member
lord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of light

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: Greenline transmission bearing

Geb,
I don't know what year you are dealing with, but I have had to replace that part on a 3.5 AWD 07 Vue, and it actually isn't that hard. Take a look back at this thread and its friends for more info on how I did it. http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204174
It might give you an idea of where you are going. IM me if you need any other help.

John

aka
Lord_Varon
07 Vue V6 AWD LOADED!!! aka SUPER CRITTER!!! Sadly gone, and definitely missed.
08 Equinox Sport 3.6 6 spd auto, AWD, even more loaded. And the jury is still out on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lord_varon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lord_varon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lord_varon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:39 AM   #3
GEB
GEB is on a distinguished road

I'm grateful for your reply. I read your post and I wasn't sure if it applied to the greenline since it is only front wheel drive. I didn't know what you referred to by the intermediate shaft, and couldn't see any bolts around where the shaft entered the transmission.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GEB's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GEB reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:44 AM   #4
lord_varon
Advanced Member
lord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of light

2008 VUE 3.6L

GEB,
I use what used to be Nalley GM Autoparts, it is now this.... http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.co...=0&searchTerm=

I don't know much on the hybrids, and mine doesn't have any bolts holding it to side of trans, but this is a place to start. It takes some digging but that is where I found the picture and part number to get me started. without year on yours I can't be of much more help.

John

aka
Lord_Varon
07 Vue V6 AWD LOADED!!! aka SUPER CRITTER!!! Sadly gone, and definitely missed.
08 Equinox Sport 3.6 6 spd auto, AWD, even more loaded. And the jury is still out on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lord_varon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lord_varon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lord_varon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:51 AM   #5
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

I believe OP is refering to a bearing inside the transmission- not the intermediate shaft bearing on the inboard side of the passenger CV.
Year and trans type would help.

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote