SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
lugnut87
lugnut87 is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
Dizzy Hey Everybody!

Hi, I'm Keith. My girl friends Saturn SC2 just blew up, some of you may know as she is on this board too. She had a listing looking to buy a car or a trans from someone.

She wound up buying a new car, a 2000 New Beetle TDi 5spd. Awesome car, great mileage, around 50mpg on highway and 30+ in the city, heated leather seats...the works. Got it at a great price.

Well I have been talking to her and I think I am going to rebuild her old Saturn, except this time I think it's getting gutted, putting in a roll cage, a new 5spd with a Quaife ATB LSD, and a decent clutch. I'm thinking Agility Coil overs and a nice set of racing wheels and sticky tires for autocross/road coarse, and possibly another set for rally cross.

This of coarse is going to be an over time project as I would like to race the car somewhat stock first to, A) save some money for the build, and B) see how the car improves with each mod.

So I may have some interior parts up for sale soon, depending on if I get the OK from the gf or not to gut her old car...haha

Look forward to meeting more of you.

1997 Saturn SC2, blown up 5spd from cross pin leaving...suddenly. I'm thinking...Rally Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lugnut87's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lugnut87 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lugnut87 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE
Checkered Flag Re: Hey Everybody!

Check out Lane's page : www.evilplastic.com He may be of some help in your project. Also look up Scooter from the FL chapter of the SPC. Post pics when you are done please!

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
lugnut87
lugnut87 is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
Default Re: Hey Everybody!

thanks for the link and the leads, that looks like an awesome page. I have been filtering through it for the last 15-20 min and I already feel like my head is going to explode with excitement!!!

Hopefully I can scrape some money together parting it out and over the summer working, race it stock for the summer and then over the winter have some fun. We'll see how it goes. Original time lines never work out...

1997 Saturn SC2, blown up 5spd from cross pin leaving...suddenly. I'm thinking...Rally Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lugnut87's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lugnut87 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lugnut87 is offline   Reply With Quote