SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
crj1
crj1 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Cool Lifted VUE!

Check this out...

Former Saturn Salesperson
I have all the dirt on Saturn dealers!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to crj1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help crj1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
crj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
Tollag
Tollag is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Cool Lifted VUE!

Are you kidding me? That thing is BAD ASS! I want one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tollag's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tollag reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tollag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 02:31 PM   #3
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

Pretty sharp looking. Looks like they did a good job on the custom paint work on the bumpers. I should ask this guy who did the painting and see if they will paint my beige and gray interior pieces.

Some of the metal exterior pieces look like they are bolted to NON-LOAD-BEARING SURFACES... and are prone to ripping the F off. The luggage rack on top looks cool, but it's just screwed into the roof. Hrmm, not so good. If you put any weight on it, it would probably dent the roof. Don't even get me started on those "brush guards". It all looks cool, but it's a "pretty boy" car that's pretending to be a tough SUV.

Tupperware cars FTW!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:19 PM   #4
burnout
Master Member
burnout is on a distinguished road

I like some things the dealer said:

"This Saturn runs strong with the 3.0 liter V6 it can get you down the road."
Good to know!

"If you know SATURN you will know that this is a high quality product with no shortcuts taken from design to the engineering and manufacturing! Every product that comes out of the SATURN factory is one of the nicest cars on the road!!!!"

I have a feeling they use this line with every car they sell on ebay, just changing the brand name :-P

'13 VW CC 2.0T
'99 Volvo S70 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burnout's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burnout reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:03 PM   #5
beachkeefes
beachkeefes is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
Don't even get me started on those "brush guards". It all looks cool, but it's a "pretty boy" car that's pretending to be a tough SUV.
I have to agree with Dante... it's just trying too hard to look tough.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beachkeefes's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beachkeefes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beachkeefes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:17 PM   #6
VUEnumber1
Advanced Member
VUEnumber1 will become famous soon enough

2007 VUE 3.5L
2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Some of the metal exterior pieces look like they are bolted to NON-LOAD-BEARING SURFACES... and are prone to ripping the F off.
You mean like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (10.4 KB, 144 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUEnumber1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUEnumber1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUEnumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:43 AM   #7
cohocarl
cohocarl is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

Refreshing, but tacky.
No trailer hitch now.... But I'm sure those conduit tubes screwed to the plastic bumper cover would be a good place to hook the tow strap to.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cohocarl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cohocarl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cohocarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:18 AM   #8
Ghostrider
Advanced Member
Ghostrider is on a distinguished road

I wonder if those parts are even metal?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ghostrider's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ghostrider reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 12:52 PM   #9
jmandeville
jmandeville is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Some of the metal exterior pieces look like they are bolted to NON-LOAD-BEARING SURFACES... and are prone to ripping the F off.
Yes !

Back in the mid 70's I remember reading an article about a Mustang II with an under-powered engine that had racing stripes and looked mean..... The author referred to it as,

" A sheep in wolf's clothing ".

Deja VUE..... a second application to that quote..... Respectfully

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jmandeville's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jmandeville reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jmandeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:47 PM   #10
twosaturns
Master Member
twosaturns will become famous soon enough

it's a SHOW CAR. those things are never meant to be usable, just design exercises. those brush guards could be made functional w/ the right reinforcement behind the cover.

for the first time in 8 years, I don't own a saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to twosaturns's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help twosaturns reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
twosaturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 05:27 PM   #11
e996sh
e996sh is on a distinguished road

I like the bumpers.

[url]http://vueowners.com[/url]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to e996sh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help e996sh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
e996sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:02 PM   #12
stew32
stew32 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

I could do without the bumper metal, but I like everything else. I wonder how it rides and how much the turning radius increased so the tires don't rub. What would the Saturn service department would do if you brought it? Automatically void the drivetrain warranty because of the lift and oversize tires?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to stew32's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help stew32 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
stew32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:30 PM   #13
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUEnumber1
You mean like this?
LOL exactly.

Show car or not, I have to be able to justify to myself every mod. I don't really do anything purely for looks, and that's why I can't justify something like an underbody light kit (at least not until I have completed many other practical mods and I'm just running out of ideas). Flimsy crap that is supposed to look tough (like the huge plastic bumpers on the current Nissan pickups) is just a joke to me. Oh, sure, it looks all macho, until you snap that piece of crap off. wtfe.

Sorry to be such a PITA. I think it looks cool, but my practical side overrides that.

Tupperware cars FTW!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:24 PM   #14
alohadee
alohadee is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line

definately Stands Out!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alohadee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alohadee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alohadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:31 PM   #15
blaz
blaz is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

Those tires have a 10.7% bigger diameter than the VUE is designed for (according to 1010tires.com's calculater). No wonder they have lifted it.

Practically (but then maybe this isn't designed to be a practical car), I wonder what this does to things like ABS brakes and steering. 1010tires.com gives you a warning whenever tire diameters differ by 3% or more, claiming you could be looking at brake failure ...?

I do like the wheels ...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blaz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blaz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:38 PM   #16
itsmesillybubba
itsmesillybubba is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe

hahaha that VUE thinks it is a Pathfinder...first wind storm and those bushguards are commin off!

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
My 95 SL1 is gone :(

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to itsmesillybubba's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help itsmesillybubba reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
itsmesillybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:29 PM   #17
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

If it had the 3.5 and the newer interior with the new steering wheel, perhaps but a 2003 ain't worth 20k unless it comes with 6k under the driver's seat.

The headrests in that thing were poorly put on too - all wrinkled.

Some cool appearance mods though although flat black paint chalks up really bad and does not wax well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:43 PM   #18
vue-vtec
Advanced Member
vue-vtec is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaz
....I wonder what this does to things like ABS brakes and steering. 1010tires.com gives you a warning whenever tire diameters differ by 3% or more, claiming you could be looking at brake failure ...?
ABS will still work fine as long as all 4 tires are the same diameter. It measures the relative speed differences of each wheel. Overall wheel speed does not matter.

The only effect the bigger tires will have on steering is to possibly increase the turning circle (because they may have had to put a stop on the steering to avoid fender/tire interference at full-lock)

However, the bigger diameter tires will slow that thing down a lot. Besides taking a lot of horsepower just to turn, they also are slowing the engine down 10%. Two strikes against any kind of decent acceleration.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vue-vtec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vue-vtec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vue-vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:44 PM   #19
silverbugeye
silverbugeye is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
2008 VUE 2.4L

And you think your rear Diff makes noise... Wait till you hear that thing

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silverbugeye's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silverbugeye reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
silverbugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:41 AM   #20
jmandeville
jmandeville is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by twosaturns
it's a SHOW CAR. those things are never meant to be usable, just design exercises. those brush guards could be made functional w/ the right reinforcement behind the cover.
I don't buy the "SHOW CAR" thing either..... If the attribute added is not functional, then it's lame IMO.....

you might just as well put yourself in the same category as some 19 year old kid that bought some cheap air spoiler, borrowed his Dad's cordless drill, and attached it the the flimsy sheet metal on the trunk of his dented up Honda Civic and he now thinks he has a... "race car".

When I go to a 4x4 car show and am lusting over some winch on the front of that “beefed-up” F350 4x4, I’m looking at not only how it looks, but also how, in my mind, it would perform and hold-up….

Appearance, functionality, and performance. These are all important areas to be addressed, especially for show cars where the object is to…… “ impress “ rather than conjure up questions and doubt.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jmandeville's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jmandeville reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jmandeville is offline   Reply With Quote