SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2000, 07:14 PM   #1
Emanuel
Emanuel is on a distinguished road

Default L rebates

I've seen some posts here referring to a $750 rebate on L series cars. My retailer (US) knows nothing about L rebates; the only rebate he mentioned was $750 on the pure vanilla SL model.

What is the story on L series rebates?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Emanuel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Emanuel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2000, 10:05 PM   #2
Spork

Mine wasn't called a rebate. They called it a competetive marketing adjustment or something like that. I think it has something to do with the amount of Camrys and Accords sold in the area, or something like that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spork's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spork reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 07-06-2000, 01:08 AM   #3
SoCal
SoCal is on a distinguished road

The money is actually in the form of dealer cash. This means the dealer can give all or none to the customer, or anywhere in between. I have no idea if it is even given to all dealers, or just those in the most competetive markets.

The only customer the dealership HAS to give all the money to is a GM employee deal.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SoCal's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SoCal reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2000, 01:02 PM   #4
JimK
JimK is on a distinguished road

I got a $1000 rebate in addition to the 1.9% / 3 yr financing for my gold 2000 LS2.

The day I was at the dealership, I saw the car that I liked roll right out of that car trailer truck. I took delivery of the LS2 with 4.9 miles on it!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JimK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JimK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2000, 01:05 PM   #5
BobL
Master Member
BobL is on a distinguished road

Sounds like we may see more L's on the road soon.

Got mine in February with the financing deal just beginning.

Love the LS and don't regret buying in February.

What a deal. Everyone should get on down to the dealers before financing goes back to market rates.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2000, 03:53 PM   #6
Emanuel
Emanuel is on a distinguished road

JimK

You got a great deal. BTW, was that in the US or Canada?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Emanuel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Emanuel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2000, 04:21 PM   #7
patrick 96sl2
patrick 96sl2 is on a distinguished road

Smokin deal on your LS2 JimK.

On another note. The L's look so much better in person then on TV or print. I was at my dealership last night to replace a dead battery in my SL2 and I started to look at the L's. I do not think pictures do the car justice, they are very aggresive and sporty looking in person. Wish I was in the market for a new one, oh well, maybe next year.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to patrick 96sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help patrick 96sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2000, 04:43 PM   #8
JimK
JimK is on a distinguished road

I got my LS2 at Saturn North in Colorado.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JimK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JimK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2000, 12:15 AM   #9
SalesBob
SalesBob is on a distinguished road

This not a rebate, it's a market adjustnet. $1000 on "L" cars, $750 on "SL" I sell these cars, and we have very few in stock. There is still a lot of Accords, and Camrys in our area, these cars are selling GREAT!!!!!! Great Cars!!!!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SalesBob's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SalesBob reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2000, 12:48 PM   #10
Skotter
Skotter is on a distinguished road

At the Santa Rosa dealership and a few other place in the Bay Area, the rebates are $750 for LS2 cars and $500 for LS/LS1 cars. The sale guy explained to me that this was unheard of as far as Saturn was concerned and that he thought it was to make clearance for the 2001 models.

It might have something to do with the rumor that the 2001 L-series cars will sell for less than the 2000 L-series. It would be kind of hard to "get rid of" all the 2000s if the 20001 were better and cheaper.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Skotter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Skotter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread