|11-11-2003, 01:56 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2002
Replacing G1 SC2 Headlights (Pop-Up)
Two H4666 sealed beam headlights
T-15 torx bit
1/4 ratchet with 2" extension
magnetic pick-up (optional)
Chilton's description of the process was a bit confusing in my opinion.
1. Raise headlights by turning them on the full 3 clicks, then turning them off
only 2 clicks (lights stay up).
2. Raise hood.
3. Remove 3 torx fasteners from the plastic moulding around the light. Two are
on the outer side, one on the inner. Use the extension to help your ratchet clear
4. Remove 4 phillips screws from the metal bracket physically holding the light
in place. You may need to spray pentrating oil on these screws and push hard to
avoid stripping them in the process.
5. Remove the bracket and pull the headlight carefully away from the holder.
6. Disconnect the electrical cabling in the back.
7. Clean electrical connections as needed and put your new light in.
8. Assembly is the reverse.
Caveat: If you drop one of the two screws on the bottom of the metal bracket from
step 4 you'll either need a magnetic pick-up or screwdriver to lift them back out.
There isn't enough clearance for your hand to fit below the headlight without
removing something else.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
93 SC2a 69k
|SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|sc2 pop up headlights||sl2collector||S-Series Tech||2||09-09-2008 02:03 AM|
|1996 SC2 Pop-up Headlights||jebellon||S-Series Tech||1||07-15-2008 12:46 PM|
|1996 SC2 Pop-up Headlights||jebellon||S-Series General||2||07-11-2008 10:49 PM|
|1996 SC2 Pop-up Headlights||jebellon||S-Series General||3||07-10-2008 08:18 PM|
|sc2 pop UP headlights,,PARTS||fastion||Classifieds||0||03-14-2006 12:44 AM|