SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #1
carvinbassplyr
carvinbassplyr is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line
Default Stock Radio

What do I need to know about choosing the correct factory replacement for my Redline. It came with a cheap aftermarket in it that bypassed the stock sub and sounds pretty crappy. I'd like to get the sub back and just have a better overall sounding system. Thanks in advance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to carvinbassplyr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help carvinbassplyr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
carvinbassplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2015, 07:23 PM   #2
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Default Re: Stock Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvinbassplyr View Post
What do I need to know about choosing the correct factory replacement for my Redline. It came with a cheap aftermarket in it that bypassed the stock sub and sounds pretty crappy. I'd like to get the sub back and just have a better overall sounding system. Thanks in advance.
You must install a used MP3 capable radio from a 2004-2005 Vue (option code US8 for single disc or US9 for six disc). A radio from a 2004-2005 Ion would also work, but may not sound quite as good because it is calibrated for an Ion instead of a Vue. You should expect to pay no more than $50 for a used replacement from a local junkyard or eBay. A used radio is a direct plug & play swap, but a brand new radio requires calibration.

If the stock sub is not working then they bypassed the factory amp (assuming the sub is not blown). This means you'll need to undo all of the wiring changes the previous owner made. I've linked the wiring diagrams you'll need below. Hopefully, they at least used a radio adapter harness and didn't just cut the plug off. The correct replacement plug is Metra 71-2102 if you need it.

2004-2005 Saturn Vue with AAS-premium-sound-radio-circuit-1-of-2

2004-2005 Saturn Vue with AAS-premium-sound-radio-circuit-2-of-2

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 182K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 194K miles
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 41K miles

Last edited by ruley73; 08-28-2015 at 07:34 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
carvinbassplyr

2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruley73 View Post
You must install a used MP3 capable radio from a 2004-2005 Vue (option code US8 for single disc or US9 for six disc). A radio from a 2004-2005 Ion would also work, but may not sound quite as good because it is calibrated for an Ion instead of a Vue. You should expect to pay no more than $50 for a used replacement from a local junkyard or eBay. A used radio is a direct plug & play swap, but a brand new radio requires calibration.

If the stock sub is not working then they bypassed the factory amp (assuming the sub is not blown). This means you'll need to undo all of the wiring changes the previous owner made. I've linked the wiring diagrams you'll need below. Hopefully, they at least used a radio adapter harness and didn't just cut the plug off. The correct replacement plug is Metra 71-2102 if you need it.

2004-2005 Saturn Vue with AAS-premium-sound-radio-circuit-1-of-2

2004-2005 Saturn Vue with AAS-premium-sound-radio-circuit-2-of-2
Man, this is awesome. The hunt is on for the radio. I'm hoping that the people who did the install weren't total hacks and they left the factory plug intact. If not, and the wiring is too jacked, then I may just have to grab a better aftermarket radio which would not be ideal.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help carvinbassplyr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-29-2015, 10:53 PM   #4
monte0
monte0 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line

Just posted this same question in another thread..thanks for the info.

2005 Vue Redline Black on Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to monte0's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help monte0 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
monte0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:01 PM   #5
carvinbassplyr

2005 VUE Red Line

Forgot to post back here. Tracked a radio down from a Vue off eBay and got it installed. Factory system in this car sounds really nice. Is it audiophile quality? No, but it's definitely better than your average system. Thankfully everything, sub and all, fired right up after installing the radio. Thanks again for all the help!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!