SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2011, 03:23 AM   #1
Saturninin
Saturninin will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 3.5L
1994 SL2
Default Stock looking Radio for 2nd gen

Is there any options for this?

What I would like is USB connections in the back, any thoughts?

Will the 07-09ish GM USB frount hook up work?

I thought i reameber someone putting a Ion MP3 radio in a 2nd gen?

Any help would be apreachatied

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturninin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturninin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturninin is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Stock looking Radio for 2nd gen

There is a how-to site on that mod. All you have to do is look.... http://shared.kirkwoodwebtech3.com/m...turn/about.htm

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
PurdueGuy
Master Member
PurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
1999 SC1

IMO, nothing is going to look stock in a 2nd gen except a 2nd gen unit, due to the unique rounded top.

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PurdueGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PurdueGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Depends on how close you have to get.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #5
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
There is a how-to site on that mod. All you have to do is look.... http://shared.kirkwoodwebtech3.com/m...turn/about.htm
This mod is for 3rd gens only and will not work for the OP's car. My car is a 2000. So it has 2nd gen exterior, but 3rd gen interior and 3rd gen electronics.

Due to the 2nd gen's unique design, the are no other factory radios that will mount correctly and look decent.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 182K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 194K miles
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 41K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
OldNuc

1998 SC2

I think someone actually managed to graft one in using a well carved up METRA kit as a frame. I know it is supposed to be impossible but that just means it will take a while to get it done right. That is why I suggested obtaining another spare center console surround for experimentation.

This will let you fit the DDIN Delco radio. http://www.metraonline.com/part/95-3105

As the original request was for "stock looking" and not Saturn specific stock there are more options.

Also realized that your How-To was not directly applicable but it does cover some of the booby traps with used Delco radios. And does cover the mounting process.

Last edited by OldNuc; 11-06-2011 at 02:04 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-12-2011, 04:11 AM   #7
Saturninin
Saturninin will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 3.5L
1994 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
I think someone actually managed to graft one in using a well carved up METRA kit as a frame. I know it is supposed to be impossible but that just means it will take a while to get it done right. That is why I suggested obtaining another spare center console surround for experimentation.

This will let you fit the DDIN Delco radio. http://www.metraonline.com/part/95-3105

As the original request was for "stock looking" and not Saturn specific stock there are more options.

Also realized that your How-To was not directly applicable but it does cover some of the booby traps with used Delco radios. And does cover the mounting process.
found this lol (but a single din)

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141029

Wanted: Dealer items (frames/ key-chains)

Miles(k) 2013~15
94 HCE ~180
05 Vue 3.5 87~140
98 SL1 260~426
08 Outlook XE 20~160
95 SC2 ~128

Past
96 SW2, 98 SL2
160k+ 95 SL,98 SW2, 03 Vue-I4

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturninin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturninin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturninin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #8
PurdueGuy
Master Member
PurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
1999 SC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturninin View Post
I've seen much worse, but that looks pretty bad. Helloooo gaps.

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PurdueGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PurdueGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote