SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #181
MS3DALE
MS3DALE is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
Default Re: List of open and closed dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
all saturn dealers forced to close 10/31....none left
True,All 3 of our Saturn dealerships in the Pittsburgh,Pa. area closed as of Oct.31st.
One of them just moved Toyota into the building,The other two are empty.

'02 SC2-Orange-Auto-Sunroof-Leather.
'07 SILVERADO LT2 Ext.Cab Z71-Black-"VortecMAX" 6.0-Liter
'09 MALIBU 2LT 3.6-DOHC V6-6 spd. "TAPshift" automatic

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MS3DALE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MS3DALE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2011, 05:35 AM   #182
Landric
Landric is on a distinguished road

1999 SL

Anybody know what became of Saturn of Richmond (VA)? That is where I bought my new SL2 in 1999. They were very good people to deal with at the time.

-Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Current '99 SL 5 M/T

Bought New-Foolishly Traded '99 SL2 5 M/T, VIN 1G8ZJ5278XZ268547, do you own my old Saturn?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Landric's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Landric reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Landric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #183
fotovue
fotovue will become famous soon enough

2007 VUE Red Line
Wrench Re: List of open and closed dealerships

Saturn of Germantown, TN is now Gwatney Mazda of Germantown

Saturn of Memphis, TN is now Gwatney Saab of Memphis

Saturn of Jackson, TN is now Gwatney Mazda of Jackson

These three former Saturn dealerships have committed to keeping their original employees, so all the familiar faces are there.

Which is unfortunate as now the place with the best Saturn Mechanics and Best Saturn level customer service around is not a Saturn Authorized Service Provider.

The two Saturn Authorized Service Providers in the Mid-South are Jim Keras Chervrolet and All-Star Chevrolet.

Jim Keras tried to charge me $80 for an oil change on my Saturn Vue.

Local saturn owners have been complaining that apparently both SASP's have been trying to convince saturn owners to trade in their saturns for chevrolets, including such tactics as price gouging saturn service, and listing every possible thing they can think of that does, might, or maybe one day soon need to be fixed or replaced, trying to convince saturn owners to dump their cars instead of fixing them, including also telling saturn owners that parts are hard or impossible to come by. Some items that Saturn wouldn't have argued with me about, are apparently no longer covered under my warranty and will be out of pocket. Between being told parts couldn't be found and that an oil change only was going to cost me $80, I guess I will do my own service from now on. It's a shame, i'm still under warranty too.

BTW, the parts that couldn't be found or ordered, I found and bought just fine from AutoZone.

I've also just recently discovered that my RL Vue's BCM was neutered. I now have RPM limited at 100mph instead of the 2007's higher cutoff. Apparently they can't fix that back to how it was when I bought it either...

Good Bye Saturn.

2004 RL VUE AWD Black *R.I.P. 07/01/06* 65k
The 1st sold, 49th built

2007 RL VUE FWD Black *Born 01/26/07* 100k
mods: 4 wheel disc brakes, window tint, spoiler, blues and twos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fotovue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fotovue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fotovue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #184
Blank_doubt
Blank_doubt is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Wrench Re: List of open and closed dealerships

w w w dot saturn dot com fs tools fs dealerlocator fs

Lists from Greensboro, NC in a 150 mile radius, 14 locations.
Saturn of Greensboro is now Flow Auto Center.
Saturn of Winston-Salem is now Flow Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac.
They all claim:
Saturn Authorized Service Provider
CHEERS!!

Profanity is the Linguistic Mechanism of the Inarticulate!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Blank_doubt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Blank_doubt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Blank_doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #185
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureoflink View Post
I recently went to the R.C. Durr YMCA in Florence (Burlington?) KY (it's on Route 18, a block or so from North Bend Road), and bypassed Saturn of Florence, or what WAS Saturn of Florence.

Now it's (UGH!!! ) Kia of Florence... Just.. no. Joining in with the rest of the cult.
The keeeeeeea is still there apparently (with the unofficial logo on a bag still covering the old Saturn logo no less), but guess what else that old Saturn of Florence is selling... FIATS. that's right, Feee-oughts.

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #186
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

Saturn of Lexington has bacome Quantrell Subaru. The dealership is in the old Saturn building and is staffed pretty much by most of the old Saturn personel. Even my salesperson is now selling Subarus;the service manager is the same one that Saturn had. Luckily, the auto group sells Cadillacs and is also the local service provider--ironically, Saturns are serviced by the Cadillac service dept. in another building---the old Saturn people don't work on the cars or see them! I sort of like the Forrester and may consider one when the VUE gets ready to move on---at least it would be like old times when service time rolls around!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #187
scotty6486
scotty6486 will become famous soon enough

1993 SL2

Missouri:
Saturn of West County - now a Fiat dealer.
Saturn of North County - closed
Saturn of St. Charles County - Now a Mitsubishi dealer

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scotty6486's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scotty6486 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
scotty6486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #188
GPCBAKER
GPCBAKER is on a distinguished road

1996 SW2

A dealership in Harrisonburg Virginia still has the big red Saturn sign. Didn't have the part I needed but said they could order it.
My local Chevrolet dealership here in Orange Virginia orders all my Saturn parts and say's they will service Saturn's but don't advertise this or have a big red sign. The dealership said that all GM dealerships could order Saturn parts.

1999 SL2, My first Saturn. GONE
1996 SW2, My second Saturn

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GPCBAKER's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GPCBAKER reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GPCBAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #189
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

1995 SW2
2003 VUE 3.0L

I had a flashback yesterday when I passed the still vacant Saturn of Dartmouth . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saturn of Dartmouth.jpg (70.3 KB, 12 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #190
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Saturn of Beechmont became Beechmont Mitsubishi.

It closed down and now is something called "Drive Time". It looks like it is going to be something similar to a JD Byrider or something like that...

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #191
brokendown
brokendown has a spectacular aura aboutbrokendown has a spectacular aura aboutbrokendown has a spectacular aura about

1999 SL

Saturn of Fargo, North Dakota is closed.

Saturn of Fargo is unfortunately closed, it was the Lunde dealership in Fargo and they now have a Kia franchise. However many of the guys are the exact same guys and can still be gotten into Saturn talk easily enough, still know Saturns very well, and if I needed dealership help ($$$ but good) i'd have no qualms suggesting someone go to the KIA of Fargo dealership because they were Saturn just 2 years back.

It was apparently an unwilling closure, despite some earlier claim about dealerships choose to revoke things or not, under the "Government Motors" restructuring the owners of the company insist their license was taken from them and they didn't want to drop it at all.

The dealership actually WAS good. I've seen others comment about crooked dealerships and such, but these guys (Lunde) were fairly decent. Expensive repairs ($1800 clutch job level finally drove me to start working on things myself, my car wasn't worth $1800 anymore... but I fixed it in part thanks to people here, yay! See my first posts..) but they weren't ripping you off, replacing things that weren't broke, failing to replace a part they signed up to replace or anything else I was aware of which i've heard happening at one other dealership and an independantly owned major repair chain in town. Their used car prices were very fair and the No Haggle saturn policy was actually used by them, in the used lots, BEFORE they ever got the Saturn license. (we bought 3 cars of them including the Saturn over time and didn't have any surprises) If I remember right they even had a 30 day return policy on used cars - not happy drive it back and drive out with something else, paying the difference.

The one time I had a problem with a lower level person (a battery went bad like a few days past warranty, technically was bad before but I couldn't get it in) the owner of the company just immediately overrode him and billed the company to set it right. Seemed to be in it for the long haul. Mind you we bought 3 cars and spent thousands in service but still i've been ripped off by other companies i'd done mega business with. (like an electronics one that may rhyme with Vest and Guy) If someone was passing through the area and just needed reliable help i'd feel better about sending them there than probably any other dealership in town, even if there may be comparably good places for a fair bit less and independant auto mechanics for quite a bit less. (and there are several i'd recommend others steer clear from including some major name chains otherwise good in other cities but I wont list them publically to avoid... you know slander type claims if searches turn it up.) It won't be the cheapest but it's where I always went when there was a problem.

Parts are now handled through some other dealership whose name I forget if youre buying to fix it yourself. Online sources will almost universally be cheaper when available/not proprietary.

I'm probably the only person living full or part time in this region (likely to change in 12-18 months though) - if any future saturn owner moves into this area give me a shout! Might be handy to have someone to help turn wrenches in return for the favor coming back the other way. I've also spent lots of time in Minneapolis but cannot comment on any Saturn dealers down there - there is one, and I think it's still open, but I never went there for help or repairs.

Last edited by brokendown; 08-24-2012 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: refining

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to brokendown's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help brokendown reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
brokendown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #192
keberle
keberle is on a distinguished road

2000 SC1

Saturn of Regina in Regina Sk remained intact after Gm dropped Saturn. We changed our name to Titan Automotive ( Saturn's largest satellite. ). We are now an independant Dealer selling top quality high end used cars. It was a brave move and two and half years later we are going strong.. I really liked another forum members comment Kaervik( I think forgive me if I spelled it incorrectly)
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything

I feel this comment really hits the mark in our situation !!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to keberle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help keberle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
keberle is offline   Reply With Quote