SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
sflickne
sflickne is on a distinguished road

Default Saturn Astra - Changing the DIC

Hi guys,
Just today I purchased an 08 Saturn Astra. I noticed that the time displayed on the DIC was off and it measures (or estimates) your current fuel consumption which can be distracting. The particular Astra that I have did not come with the thumb wheel on the steering wheel and the original owner swapped out the built in radio with what they considered to be an upgrade. Though the new radio is nice, I have no idea how I can change what the DIC displays now. Anyone know of any other ways that display can be changed?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sflickne's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sflickne reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sflickne is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2014, 10:34 PM   #2
satlite440
satlite440 has much to be proud ofsatlite440 has much to be proud ofsatlite440 has much to be proud ofsatlite440 has much to be proud ofsatlite440 has much to be proud ofsatlite440 has much to be proud ofsatlite440 has much to be proud ofsatlite440 has much to be proud of

2001 SL2
Default Re: Saturn Astra - Changing the DIC

should have a 4 button assy somewhere 1 will have a large I in it 1 will have a check mark on it 1 will show hyway lines..push the hyway or I button

shure you can trust the government,just ask us indians all about it...

heavy line the final protective fire line of the dealership

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to satlite440's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help satlite440 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
satlite440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:53 AM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

No owner's manual? Try this; http://www.saturn.com/owners/owner_r...s/manuals.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
romanster
romanster will become famous soon enough

Did you buy the car privately or from a dealer? Is there any way you could get the original radio back? If all you want to do is set the time correctly, disconnect/reconnect your battery at midnight.

You have some options to change the info displayed:

- Get the original radio, connect it, use it to navigate the menus to change the time as well as change what is displayed

- Buy a set of the OEM steering wheel controls for the steering wheel and pay for your dealership to enable them, then you'll be able to scroll through the displays and choose what's shown on the screen

The owner manual will list the various info screens you can choose to have displayed. I'm not sure if the dealer can use the Tech2 tool to pick one of these screens for you, if you don't want to have the instant consumption always showing.

Astra XR3 white
|Vauxhall VXR exterior conversion
|2010+ emblems
|Insignia VXR 18" rep wheels, Eibach SportLines
|BiXenon projector retrofit
|Blue interior LED conversion, OPC wheel/shifter

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to romanster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help romanster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
romanster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:44 PM   #5
Saturn4Ever
Saturn4Ever is a jewel in the roughSaturn4Ever is a jewel in the roughSaturn4Ever is a jewel in the roughSaturn4Ever is a jewel in the rough

2009 Astra XR
2008 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by satlite440 View Post
should have a 4 button assy somewhere 1 will have a large I in it 1 will have a check mark on it 1 will show hyway lines..push the hyway or I button

Ummmm sorry to be sarcastic but if you are offering this advice obviously you have never driven an Astra or didn't read the original posting.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn4Ever's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn4Ever reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:22 PM   #6
phatfire6
Advanced Member
phatfire6 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

satlite440 usually has really strong advice regarding general repair. So he got this a little wrong, but I like what he has to say. And he is a genuine ASE mechanic.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to phatfire6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help phatfire6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
phatfire6 is offline   Reply With Quote