SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who is happy with there VUE ?
Very Happy would recommend highly 160 75.12%
So so nothing great but not bad 34 15.96%
Hate it would not buy another 19 8.92%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 02:02 PM   #101
jcono
jcono is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Who is happy with there VUE ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revue
Welcome to the forum! That doesn't sound too bad for 68,000 miles. Is that for real?
I think you're the highest mileage/year member!!
Ooops, sorry- meant to say 2003. Still a lot of miles though, eh?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jcono's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jcono reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2005, 02:54 PM   #102
dapeeples
dapeeples is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Dizzy Re: Who is happy with there VUE ?

I'm happy with my VUE except for one thing; it's the placement of the power window buttons! I've owned my 2004 VUE since October 2003 and to this very day I almost always press the botton for the rear driver's side window when I want the front driver's side window down. I also hate reaching across the gear shifter to put down the passenger side windows. Hopefully on future designs the button placement will change. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dapeeples's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dapeeples reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-21-2005, 03:30 PM   #103
robert_vue
Advanced Member
robert_vue is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L

I'm used to the placement of them, but I get tired of telling people that ride in my car where their window is. They always lock / unlock all the doors when they attempt to open / close THEIR window. I think the lock / unlock on the front doors should be the up/down window control, and the actual lock on the door handle should be connected to all the locks to perform the lock/unlock all function. Then the driver still needs all, those could stay around the gear shift for lack of a better place, but maybe lined up on the left side of the gear shift only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapeeples
I'm happy with my VUE except for one thing; it's the placement of the power window buttons! I've owned my 2004 VUE since October 2003 and to this very day I almost always press the botton for the rear driver's side window when I want the front driver's side window down. I also hate reaching across the gear shifter to put down the passenger side windows. Hopefully on future designs the button placement will change. Thanks.

Robert R.
03 VUE: Oct 15, 2002 - Dec 5, 2004 R.I.P.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to robert_vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help robert_vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-21-2005, 09:04 PM   #104
TPFilm
TPFilm is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L

We had an L200 for three years before the VUE so I am used to the window switch placement. Of course when I drive my Tracker for a period of time then get into the VUE - or vice versa - I get confused for a few minutes. Don't think the placement of the switches will be changed until the VUE is totally redesigned... Even then it is kind of a Saturn thing...

With that being said, I - we - really do enjoy the VUE. It has a really nice ride. Good pick-up (for a 4cyl) and is surprisingly rommy. I'm 6' and when I drive, the seat still has about two more settings before it is all the way back!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TPFilm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TPFilm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-22-2005, 04:18 PM   #105
bobacker
bobacker is on a distinguished road

2003 Vue. Vti Tranney. 51000 miles.

Like the car, and the tranney. Very smooth, mileage around 28mpg.

Asside from the tranney case replaced at 5000 miles no service on veichele other than oil changes, and the occasional wheel nut. I think one wheel stud was replaced.

Ac is working well (was 97 here two days back).

We are using the car to hall small trees (6 or 8 at a time) and, so far, so good.

Things I like:

A/C
Tranney
Polimer pannels
Mileage
Low maintenance cost (only oil changes so far)
Dealer service
Handleing (for an suv)
Dog likes it
Styling.

Dont like:

Interior quality could be better.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bobacker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bobacker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-22-2005, 04:30 PM   #106
Ken Baker
Ken Baker is on a distinguished road

With respect to the window switch location they are the same as a 2002 BMW Z3. Just think your VUE is is in the same class as a BMW as far as window switches are concerned.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ken Baker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ken Baker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-22-2005, 07:04 PM   #107
MtnVUEShadow
MtnVUEShadow is on a distinguished road

I am just going to say that I love and hate my Vue at the same time. The only thing I really hate is how poor the service department is, and how unwilling Saturn is to actually pay for their own mistakes and fix my truck right once and for all. But hey...it's ok though...I mean I can't expect much from an American-made car.

I do have to say that I've never had something so nice before...and probably wouldn't trade my VUE for anything except a Hybrid

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MtnVUEShadow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MtnVUEShadow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-22-2005, 07:25 PM   #108
binkybaby
binkybaby is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear that.....but my experience with my Saturn retailer (and others i went to to get oil changes) has been great and the minor issues like window tint scratches and noisy rearwheel bearing were handled promptly and the service was top-notch. When i took my Vue in to get inspected at Saturn of Irving recently, she had a complimentary bath too! Try to get that a Jiffy Lube! The service manager was cool, and he owns an SC2 himself and visits this site occasionally. Nowhere else do i feel more at home than at a Saturn house. i have yet to have a negative experience from them. Nissan on the other hand......uh........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to binkybaby's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help binkybaby reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-22-2005, 11:14 PM   #109
burlyvue2
burlyvue2 has a spectacular aura aboutburlyvue2 has a spectacular aura aboutburlyvue2 has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 3.5L
2000 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Thumbs Up Re: Who is happy with there VUE ?

Who is happy with their Vue? ME! I am very happy with my Vue. 2003 FWD V6 with 68,333 miles. Mileage is the same as it was day 1. It gets about 21-22 mpg unless I am tooling around town or cruising the coast highway. Warranty issues include rear wheel bearings, 2 sets of brake rotors which was solved with Stillen rotors and pads (SPS). Thermostat died, later a wiring issue which caused the techs at my dealership (Saturn of West 78 in Oceanside) to go mental. Found a broken wire in a harness under the gear shifter. Wire was broken inside the insulation and the error was intermittant as the connection was made and broken. Got to give the folks at Saturn credit for NEVER giving up and always being cheerful and friendly. I was put into rental cars or Saturn loaners and always had wheels which were never as nice as my Vue! I upgrade the "dangerous donus of death" Michelin Duelers to Pirelli Scorpions RT which made a major improvement. Good advice is to replace the Duelers as some folks here have had accidents as a direct cause of these tires in the rain.

Been crashed twice. Lunatic with warrants and a BAD methamphetamine habit did a hit and run on me on the freeway about 70 mph and DID NOT get away as I chased his ass till the CHP busted his ass and off to jail. Good thing about plastic body panels as he hit the passenger front fender and of course did not dent it. Big scratch and the paint marks buffed off. Next time lady lost control in the rain and nailed the passenger rear wheel pretty much square on and broke the suspension pieces that were to be replaced as part of the recall. (OOPS campaign... LOL). Once again Saturn was awesome to make it all right.

I upgraded my Vue with many items including roof racks, bush guard, burlwood dash kit, limo tinting, rear bumper pad, rear liftgate wing, dashboard protection kit, cargo mat, xenon krypton headlights, high beams and fog light bulbs. Bought all of it on Ebay except tinting which was done professionally here.

So am I happy with my Vue? You betcha! I am such a SaturnFan I bought my wife a 2000 LW2 and now there are 2 white Saturns in the garage. Looks pretty cool too!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burlyvue2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burlyvue2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-23-2005, 03:31 PM   #110
andiemaz
andiemaz is on a distinguished road

I am thrilled with my Vue. Also I must say that the service I have received so far has been great. Last week I took the car in with a nail in the tire and they were super busy but managed to take car of my car in a half hour because I was there with two small children and was not prepared to sit in a dealership. Also they have delivered my car to me at home when I had to take it in for a couple of small things that were covered under warranty (a crack in the front of the radio and a rattle) which they took care of.
As for driving my Vue I love the amount of room it has and I have two carseats in it and usually a stroller or two in the back. It is a 2005 and we decided to lease for 3 years when we may (gulp) consider a minivan but I am in no rush to look at a Relay.
For the money it is well worth it in my opinion.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to andiemaz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help andiemaz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-23-2005, 04:14 PM   #111
dulino
Advanced Member
dulino is on a distinguished road

I am happy with mine! And you all VTi complainers -- I hope you all feel proud that you got GM to drop a GOOD IDEA rather than developing and improving it.

2004 AWD VTi, approx. 15K, ZERO VTi issues; both VTI and ECOTEC work great!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dulino's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dulino reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-24-2005, 11:36 PM   #112
Fierofanatic88
Fierofanatic88 is on a distinguished road

When we were shopping for our 2003 4cyl vti the other vehicle we had considered was the subaru forester. Althought I thought that the Forester handled better that was about the only pro in its column versus the Vue. We have 65k on our Vue just replaced the original Duelers with Mich's and it even rides better. No SUV in the category compares for the $$$$$. I drove a Escape 4cyl (Yuck). The Vue is my wifes commuting SUV. It is a perfect vehicle for that and the VTI and 4cyl gives her about 28 MPG. I like the electric Power steering.
I have an Endeavor and I love the size of it and the power of the 3.8 but the Vue is nice to drive from time to time as well. We will own the Vue until the plastic body panels turn back into Milk cartons
Once its paid off I am going to talk my wife into letting me have the Vue for a winter car. I'll give her my Endeavor to drive or trade in and then I'll buy my summer car SKY

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Fierofanatic88's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Fierofanatic88 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-25-2005, 04:11 AM   #113
Bullet
Bullet is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Happy Re: Who is happy with there VUE ?

2004 3.5L FWD, it's nothing like the Ford Expedition I traded in for it but gets a lot better gas mileage. It's a pretty cheap made inside and a lot of road noise.
Can't wait till the year 2010.
Guess I am getting old?

BulleT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bullet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bullet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-25-2005, 12:31 PM   #114
dulino
Advanced Member
dulino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierofanatic88
..No SUV in the category compares for the $$$$$. I drove a Escape 4cyl (Yuck). The Vue is my wifes commuting SUV. It is a perfect vehicle for that and the VTI and 4cyl gives her about 28 MPG. I like the electric Power steering.
Yeah... The Forrester also has a better crafted interior, but it is only noticable if you pay attention and look for specifics... Also, I sometimes wish my AWD was full time (I fishtailed in the snow this winter).

Otherwise I like to think that my VTi/AWD VUE was a limited edition production Saturn VUE LTD that is

I do hope that VTi makes a come back in GM hybrids.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dulino's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dulino reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-26-2005, 07:58 AM   #115
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

I just hit 28K with my 2004 AWD Vue and no VTi problems to date.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-26-2005, 08:21 AM   #116
2004NJVue
Advanced Member
2004NJVue is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
1996 SL2
Thumbs Up Re: Who is happy with there VUE ?

I am very happy with my Vue, as I have been with all my other Saturns. My first car was a 1996 Saturn SL2 that my mom gave me. I gave it back to them after I graduated (with over 250,000 miles on it). My dad still drives it. Then I drove an Ion 3 (great car) for 1.5 years (70,000 miles). I only got rid of it because of all the incentives they were having on the Vue and the great trade in value my Saturn dealer in Eatontown NJ gave me. Now for my summary of the way my Vue treats me.

My Vue is a 2004 V6 AWD. This is my first automatic transmition and I am skeptical of them. I prefer to have a manual. I traded my Ion in for the Vue thinking it would a more practical only vehicle for a single male. So far, I have been right. The engine has plenty of power for anything I plan to do with the little truck. I cannot even feel a power difference when I haul various types of cargo in. So far I have used my Vue to move once, haul trees, people, car parts, and a set of four 35-inch tires. I also carry my bikes, skis, and boats using the roof rails. so far, everything I have carried fits with all doors closed, including the tires. So there is definitely more cargo room in there than one might initially think.

Another item of the Vue I am beginning to really love is the AWD and the additional ground clearance over the Ion. I am a civil engineer and take my Vue to many construction sites, some have been quite rough. I also tend to take my Vue off the beaten trail a lot for my biking, boating, hiking, and camping activities. As soon as I have the time, I will upload pictures of my Vue on some of the rough terrain and deep snow. The deepest snow I have attempted is about 1.5 feet in an unplowed parking lot and back roads. So far, everything I have driven the Vue into, I have been able to get out of under its own power. I would like skid plates, but nothing is perfect.

For the price, the interior is not bad. It could be better, but I have seen much worse. The cup holders are a good size, just sit way too low. The center console storage is small with a cheap lid on it. I also wish the gauges were in the center like the Ion. I donít mind the window controls being in the center, but I think it would be better to have them more like the s-series, in front of or behind the shifter. Then they would be grouped closer together and easier to use. Also, I am not sure what is causing it, but things seem to rattle and squeak softly in this car. I personally do not mind it at all, itís just that no other Saturn I have owned has squeaked or rattled (and all my cars get pushed further than I should).

In regards to the tires, I know a lot of people who complain about the tires, I can see why, but they are definitely not the worst out there. When my wear out completely, I will find a different type to cover my 17 inch rims. So far my tires handle the snow with ease. They handle mud and rocks fairly well for a stock tires. They stink the sand, but I donít like sand much anyway. The rain is my only real complain. Occasionally I feel like the car is starting to hydroplane. All I have to do it let off the gas and it usually grabs the road right away again. I never have had a problem stopping, turning, or going. I would like a full size spare though. Try driving over some rocks and mud with a space saver tireÖ

When all is said and done, I love my Vue. I can carry more inside that a Jeep Liberty and Rav 4. Even my friend at work with a 1996 Blazer thinks I have more room inside than she doesÖI personally think she is nuts. The price was right and the versatility is great. I recommend them to everyone. Mine is now 6 months old with almost 21,000 miles on it. I have never had any mechanical problems with a Saturn. I hope it continues that way. Oh yeah, I love the plastic body panels. Buy a Saturn before they discontinue them.

Current: 2004 Saturn Vue V6 Awd (purchased new November 04) >130,000 Miles
1996 Saturn SL2 - 300,000 miles
Past Saturns: Ask me
Only live once, enjoy it!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2004NJVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2004NJVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-30-2005, 06:47 PM   #117
mikebutkus
mikebutkus is on a distinguished road

Center console for window buttons: A number of makers are going that route. Easier to put all the wires in one spot then in the doors. The Infinity G35 has them on the right side on the seat. Not good if your a bits overweight and you cover the buttons.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikebutkus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikebutkus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-30-2005, 07:36 PM   #118
Fishnuts2
Fishnuts2 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

My 2003 VUE V6 AWD just turned 96,000 Miles today. It seldom rests!
Poor wheel bearings and a few minor warranty repairs. Time for the big 100K tune-up. Plugs, timing belt, etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Fishnuts2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Fishnuts2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-02-2005, 01:00 PM   #119
miketee
miketee is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

I picked up a previously owned '03 VUE last week and I love it! Silver, FWD, manual with the sport package and best of all, only 18k miles on it! We now have 5 Saturns in the family ('00LS, '02SC1, '97SL1, '94 SL2 and now my VUE). The SL's are approaching 200k miles and still going strong. After only a week of driving the VUE, I have no complaints. I have a 45 min. commute each way, half highway and half city driving. The car is comfortable, handles well, gets great gas mileage, compared to my V6 Chevy and is a lot of fun to drive. I'll report back in a few more weeks/months after my first road trip but so far I'm loving my VUE and would highly recommend it or any Saturn to anyone shopping for a car. This was by far the easiest car purchase I've ever made. If you live in the DC/Baltimore area, stop in at Saturn of Glen Burnie and ask for Bernie.

'03, 2.2L, FWD, Manual, Silver

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to miketee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help miketee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-02-2005, 06:44 PM   #120
alohadee
alohadee is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line
Heart Re: Who is happy with [their] VUE ?

Absolutely I am satisfied with my Saturn Vue RL...

Dislikes: Seats (design/"Medical Office Award 1984")
- Aftermarket Parts (not!), Gas Mileage
- Finding another scratch on the Black RL...

After 2K miles --- Time for the first Oil Change!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alohadee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alohadee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread