SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
robert_vue
Advanced Member
robert_vue is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L
Arrow Misaligned Door Panels

I've been meaning to post this -- I bought my VUE brand new over a month ago, and was curious if anybody else had taken delivery of a brand new VUE with the door panels messed up? My driver's side rear door was so misaligned, that I could not open my rear door without extreme difficulty. It was rubbing against the front door on the plastic door panels. They of course fixed it right away, but I had to leave it at the dealer and pick it up later. This was my first day with my brand new VUE, so I was very very excited about picking it up!

Robert R.
03 VUE: Oct 15, 2002 - Dec 5, 2004 R.I.P.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to robert_vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help robert_vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2005, 04:22 PM   #2
kevin21403
kevin21403 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Misaligned Door Panels

I noticed that the doors squeaked a lot on the hinges when I first got my Vue and that the rear doors seemed hard to open. Some WD-40 solved that problem real fast. No problems now. It's snowing outside..think I'll take the Vue out for some doughnuts!!!!

2004 Saturn Vue AWD V6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kevin21403's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kevin21403 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-23-2005, 03:00 PM   #3
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin21403
I noticed that the doors squeaked a lot on the hinges when I first got my Vue and that the rear doors seemed hard to open. Some WD-40 solved that problem real fast. No problems now. It's snowing outside..think I'll take the Vue out for some doughnuts!!!!

2004 Saturn Vue AWD V6
You are aware that WD-40 is an oil based solvent, or cleaner (specifically good at cleaning/removing/disolving all sorts of oil-based lubricants)? WD-40 is NOT a lubricant itself. Some silicon grease would probably be useful here.

My doors aren't misaligned, but they do make varying degrees of noise or clicking in the hinges when I open them. Seems like the driver's side is noisier than the passenger side, both front and rear.

Tupperware cars FTW!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-24-2005, 11:00 AM   #4
kevin21403
kevin21403 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

I tryed an oil based lubricant spray first. I don't remeber what it was called. I think I got it from an AutoZone Store. It left a white film and didnt solve the squeaks and hard to open doors. So I wiped and sprayed all that gunk off and applied WD-40. No problems since I applied WD-40.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kevin21403's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kevin21403 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-25-2005, 10:57 AM   #5
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

Cool deal, whatever works for you, then. Could be the parts were just rubbing together because there was too much gunk/grease up in there. Sometimes just having clean parts fixes problems.

Tupperware cars FTW!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread