|01-26-2016, 10:50 AM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2006
can't rid myself of P0401
I have a 2001 SC2 with 187k miles on it. Recently I've been having issues with a recurring P0401 code for insufficient EGR flow. So far, I've tried:
- Removing the EGR valve and running the car, the idle went up to 3.5KRPM and was very loud, seemingly both passages are clear
- I've run compressed air through the EGR to intake port with the throttle body removed, flow seemed good to me, it doesn't appear this passage is blocked at all
- I've tried snaking a wire through both ports without much luck, I read somewhere online about a GM service procedure with a speedometer cable attached to a drill to help remove any build up
- The EGR valve has been replaced; it's a Delphi EG10176 that I got from Amazon for about $70. I believe it's the same as the OEM one I removed
- I have removed the MAP sensor and made sure it and it's port was not full of crud
Each time I clear the code, it comes back after a half dozen drive cycles. I have no driveability or noticeable gas mileage issues. No hesitation or stumbling. No other DTCs are set, only P0401.
I live in New Hampshire and we have yearly OBD smog testing. If I cannot get this resolved I fear it will impact the roadworthiness of the car. It's ridiculous to think I would have to take the car off the road because I can't get MAP sensor to read the correct change in intake pressure.
Should I try putting a new MAP sensor in it? The consensus on here seems to be that the MAP sensors seem to never go bad in these cars. Should I try a third EGR valve assuming the replacement I got is defective (but isn't setting any of the codes for the EGR position sensor?)
I can't think of any other diagnostic procedures to perform and I'm at the point where I'm considering to continue to throw parts at the car and hope something sticks.
I appreciate any and all suggestions you folks can provide.
|SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2002 sl1 p0401||mikessl1||S-Series Tech||4||09-19-2016 03:48 AM|
|P0401 and U1301||Dadillac||S-Series Tech||0||10-12-2015 07:44 PM|
|98 SL1, P0401 code.||kryten||S-Series Tech||22||12-24-2013 02:18 PM|
|p0401||alleninpa||S-Series General||1||07-27-2006 03:20 AM|
|p0401||alleninpa||S-Series General||3||04-21-2005 06:58 AM|