SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
xanxost
xanxost is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
Default 2000 LW1 remote won't lock or unlock rear doors

On my 2000 LW1, the keyless remote or the unlock button inside the car will not lock or unlock the rear doors or the hatch. The doors will lock and unlock manually. The front doors lock and unlock correctly, even when the car is put in drive (lock) or the key removed from the ignition (unlock), but not the rear doors or hatch. Is there a separate fuse or relay for the back that I'm just not finding? Or is it something else? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to xanxost's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help xanxost reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
xanxost is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 03:08 AM   #2
mattachuz
Advanced Member
mattachuz is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: 2000 LW1 remote won't lock or unlock rear doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanxost View Post
On my 2000 LW1, the keyless remote or the unlock button inside the car will not lock or unlock the rear doors or the hatch. The doors will lock and unlock manually. The front doors lock and unlock correctly, even when the car is put in drive (lock) or the key removed from the ignition (unlock), but not the rear doors or hatch. Is there a separate fuse or relay for the back that I'm just not finding? Or is it something else? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
maybe a loose ground or some of that wiring thats in the back doors, do the power windows in the back work from the console and the door?

mi: 199,xxx

trips:

X = dest
O = ON way

home- Clovis, ca

Pismo Beach: xx
Morro Bay: oo
San Francisco: x
Los Angeles: ooo
Anahiem (disneyland): xxx
Tulare: o,(x-atleast 15)
Visalia: x

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mattachuz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mattachuz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mattachuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
HV Fam Wagon
HV Fam Wagon is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
2004 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

I have the same problem on my driver rear door. It's been almost a year now. I would like to fix it too; but I don't know how.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HV Fam Wagon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HV Fam Wagon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HV Fam Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
xanxost

2000 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattachuz View Post
maybe a loose ground or some of that wiring thats in the back doors, do the power windows in the back work from the console and the door?
Power windows are working fine. If it was just one door, I would think maybe a wiring problem in the door or a bad actuator in the door. Three locations makes me think a fuse or relay, or possibly some central wiring that connects those three.

Last edited by xanxost; 05-22-2011 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: clarity

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help xanxost reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Examine both driver's and passenger side kick panel fuse blocks. Each side has additional relays and fuses, marked on the inside panel.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
xanxost

2000 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Examine both driver's and passenger side kick panel fuse blocks. Each side has additional relays and fuses, marked on the inside panel.
Both fuse boxes have been checked. I saw nothing on the driver side for the door locks. On the passenger side I found 2 fuses (LOCKS, BODY) that are for the door locks, both are good. There are also 3 relays (DRIVER DOOR UNLOCK RELAY, DOOR UNLOCK RELAY, DOOR LOCK RELAY) that also check out as good.
Since the BODY relay is listed for Power Door Locks, Heated Mirror Relay, Liftgate Latch, I'm thinking that there might be some wire in common, possibly coming from the BCM or a problem in the BCM itself. Anyone know if it controls the door locks?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #7
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

The body control module (BCM) does almost everything the engine computer doesn't. Since its a $400-$1000 replaceable item you'd have to be absolutely sure its not wiring/solenoids/relays related before having GM replace one. The remote transmits to the bcm; synching consists of pressing Lock/Unlock nearby simultaneously until the door locks cycle, about 7 seconds. This confirms xmitter function, bcm receiver circuit and bcm controlling door locks.

The bcm also controls diagnostics through the DLC, Passlock theft deterrent, interior/exterior lighting, drives the instrument panel, etc..

If you can read wiring diagrams I can send pdf's. Pm me an e-mail address that accepts attachments.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:06 AM   #8
mattachuz
Advanced Member
mattachuz is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

is it out of the question that the motors in all 3 locations are bad ?did u replace the body relay with a working relay?

mi: 199,xxx

trips:

X = dest
O = ON way

home- Clovis, ca

Pismo Beach: xx
Morro Bay: oo
San Francisco: x
Los Angeles: ooo
Anahiem (disneyland): xxx
Tulare: o,(x-atleast 15)
Visalia: x

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mattachuz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mattachuz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mattachuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #9
TommyK
TommyK is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1
2007 RELAY-3

For the poster who has only one door lock not working, check the contact pins on the forward part of the door and their mating, contact patches on the door jamb. See if there is an obstruction, dirt or corrosion.

I purposely disabled the door lock once on my Relay when a ham fisted co-worker of my wife broke the electric door opener cable by jerking on it too hard. I deduced the door lock pin on that door and placed a bit of tape over the contact patch so the door would remain in the closed/locked position until I could get it fixed. This kept the door from falling off the track, thereby aggravating the damage.

"If you've got time to breathe, you've got time for music." --- Briscoe Darling

A guitars = chick magnet
A Guitar Hero = guy magnet
You do the math.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TommyK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TommyK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TommyK is offline   Reply With Quote