SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2010, 12:08 AM   #21
05SaturnRL
05SaturnRL is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheBassist View Post
I believe that I have found the perfect suv in my Vue. And the biggest selling point WAS the Honda drivetrain. When I was looking for an suv.. I threw "brand loyalty" out the window. If I hadn't, I would be driving around in a Honda CR-V.
You said threw your brand loyalty out, but yet the Honda powertrain is what sold you? Am I the only one who finds this funny?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 05SaturnRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 05SaturnRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
05SaturnRL is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 12:26 AM   #22
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioVueBoy View Post
First off, go to hell.

Just as people are getting sick of hearing Honda fans insult the GM powered vehicles that they have no clue about.

Prepare for the contradiction...

Enough said.
Can we all just get along? When I first joined this forum almsot 2 years ago, there were less then a handful of people who jumped down someone's throat for expressing their opinion. And when they did, everyone else would tell them where to go and not to insult someone for expressing same said opinion. Now, it seems like nothing can be said here without it resulting into WWIII. If you don't agree with what someone says,then yes you can express your view on the subject but don't put others down for expressing theirs. Now that I put in my $5, I will get off my crate (too heavy for a soap box) and go back to drinking my jack and coke. Have a good day

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

Last edited by chillin05VUE; 03-04-2010 at 12:34 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #23
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

IMO all the engines were the VUE's strongest link. Every engine choice had it's own pros and cons.

In the 4 years I've owned my VUE I've had zero problems with the Honda engine and transmission. Mileage and performance has been exceptional.

Here's what broke in 4 years:

Power door lock switch $22
Seat back cushion $85
Liftgate valence panel $50
Sway bar links $60

I'm still very satisfied, and confident that my VUE will continue to be the best Saturn I ever owned.

Even the SKY has been very reliable. Only the problems were with the trunk seals and the OnStar transmitter. Both fixed under warranty.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #24
stbvue
stbvue is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
IMO all the engines were the VUE's strongest link. Every engine choice had it's own pros and cons.

In the 4 years I've owned my VUE I've had zero problems with the Honda engine and transmission. Mileage and performance has been exceptional.

Seat back cushion $85
Sway bar links $60

I'm still very satisfied, and confident that my VUE will continue to be the best Saturn I ever owned.

Even the SKY has been very reliable. Only the problems were with the trunk seals and the OnStar transmitter. Both fixed under warranty.
I wonder what your opinion would be if all the sudden your engine blew up....Kidding....calm down its not like i put a hex on it or anything!

I dont mind things that go bump in the night as long as they arent in my VUE!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to stbvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help stbvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
stbvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #25
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post

Seat back cushion $85
Sway bar links $60

You actually drive the Vue? I thought it still had like 6 miles on it

The Honda powertrain is nice. I'd prefer a Nissan powertrain (I'd looooove to have a VQ35DE in this thing). But the J35 was better than anything GM had at the time overall. GM didn't have anything with more than 4 gears in an auto. The only V6 GM had with similar power output was the 3800SC. We all got lucky to have the Honda powertrain coupled with plastic panels.

I'm not going to say the Honda powertrain is perfect, it's not. It's lack of low end torque and crippling effects of torque management bother me coming off of a light. The dual nature of VTEC would work well if it had an extra 50 hp, but it just feels sluggish out of VTEC as it is IMO. The J35 doesn't sound very cool with an exhaust, and its exhaust port setup is stupid IMO. But all things considered, it's not bad. Could it be better? Sure. But it does the job just fine. And anything that can make more power while giving similar mpg is a good thing IMO.

I didn't buy my Vue for the Honda powertrain. Though that was a point in the pro side of the deal. I bought it because it was nice looking, roomy, had the options I wanted, durable plastic panels, and decent power. If it had been an engine from Nissan, Opel, Ford, BMW, Volvo, wouldn't have mattered, as long as it had the power output I wanted. The fact that the Honda gets the power output and decent fuel economy on regular is just a plus. That said, I don't think I'd own another Honda engined vehicle, I like my low end torque too much to do it again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #26
stbvue

2005 VUE 3.5L

We didnt even know our vue had a honda engine in it till the dealer told us. I agree theres plenty of HP compared to other vehicles equal to the vue. The gas mileage was what sold us on it the most.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help stbvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #27
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Oh... I see someone needs a hug. I'm getting real sick and tired of hearing about GM vs. Honda.

In my year long quest of searching for the "Perfect" 6 cyl suv... I looked at Honda, Saturn, Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, and even Ford(which I don't like).

In the beginning I wanted a Honda and continued to search for them to the end.. I love Honda's.. but the fact is the CR-V and the Element are only available in a 4 cyl, and I wanted a small suv, so the fullsize Pilot which had a V6, was out of the question.

I believe that I have found the perfect suv in my Vue. And the biggest selling point WAS the Honda drivetrain. When I was looking for an suv.. I threw "brand loyalty" out the window. If I hadn't, I would be driving around in a Honda CR-V.

I was raised on Chevrolet.. and I still love them, but Honda is right there next to them in my head and heart.

Most Honda's are built proudly in the USA.. and employ thousands of Americans.. who are proud of the vehicles they produce. It may have been designed in Japan.. but it is made in America.

Thanks and have a nice day!
You did what you thought was best for you and I believe your rationale for buying the Vue makes perfect sense.

I made the same decision for many of the same reasons you list.

My wife decided to trade her newer Dodge minivan for a small - but safe - SUV. We tried the Santa Fe, Tucson, Infiniti QX4 and Pilot before deciding on the Vue.

She liked the QX4 best (imagine that) and I liked the Vue. We didn't exactly flip a coin to choose the Vue - but its safe to say other considerations entered the picture. (Someone got a new kitchen).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #28
stbvue

2005 VUE 3.5L

We were thinking of trading the vue in for a sante fe, but not after the reviews i seen on those things! Tho a friend of ours has one and he likes it, but its still new.They do have a great warranty.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #29
LickTheBassist
LickTheBassist is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Last time I checked.. the USA is a free country which gives the right to freedom of speech. I have my opinion, as does everyone else. With that said.. I've enjoyed being a member on this forum, and I'll continue to as well.

I've received help on several issues I've had with my Vue since I've owned it, which has only been 3 months. All these issues have been GM... washer nozzles, radio, o2 sensor, peeling paint on interior, and a couple others.

So, just to get some things off my mind..

1. I am not insulting GM vehicles. Reading past threads of people asking which Vue combo is the best... the resounding answer is always the Vue with the Honda drivetrain.

2. All the reviews I read about the Vue on Edmunds... cars.com... automotive.com, before I even bought a Vue, had negative comments towards the GM trans and engines. Again.. it is not I who is insulting GM, I didn't write the hundreds of reviews.

3. I have owned 4 vehicles in my young life. 3 of them have been GM, and only one has been a Honda. I know more than a thing or two about GM.

4. You need to lighten up a little... as needing a hug was obvious sarcasm.

5. My dad is a diehard Chevy man... but he now likes my Accord since it has been a great car to me. It hasn't given me any trouble like my first two GM cars did.

I really need some of that jack and coke too... sharing is caring.

I can't tell you if genius is hereditary, because heaven has granted me no offspring.

04 Saturn Vue 3.5L AWD
95 Honda Accord EX-L 2.2L VTEC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LickTheBassist's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LickTheBassist reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LickTheBassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #30
stbvue

2005 VUE 3.5L

Thats the only problem with forums LickTheBassis, it allows those with negativity to speak out to.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-04-2010, 05:58 PM   #31
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Last time I checked.. the USA is a free country which gives the right to freedom of speech. I have my opinion, as does everyone else.
Exactly, just as I have mine. Throwing out some sort of asinine dig at the GM powered VUEs is going to cause people to speak up.
Quote:
1. I am not insulting GM vehicles.
Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheBassist
In defense of Basher... And I believe this to be his only defense.. he didn't have a Honda drivetrain backing his Vue up.. he had GM.

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OhioVueBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #32
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by stbvue View Post
Thats the only problem with forums LickTheBassis, it allows those with negativity to speak out to.
There's no negativity coming from me in this thread, only objectivity...

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OhioVueBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #33
Ollie
Ollie will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 3.5L

Look at what Basher's done. He's got you turning on yourselves.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
-John Wayne-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ollie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ollie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #34
mrtube
Advanced Member
mrtube is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

hehe, What a useless thread.

Tho I'll add my 2 cents. I like the wife's 06 vue. Too bad the Honda 3.5 isnt coupled to a GM transmission. The only place for the Honda 5spd auto is a junk yard.

Infact. Honda should roll the transmissions right off the assembly line into the junk yard.

K i'm done whining

And, How bout we get back to doing what we do. Helping each other not BASHING.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mrtube's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mrtube reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mrtube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #35
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRL View Post
You actually drive the Vue? I thought it still had like 6 miles on it
It actually has over 19,500 miles on it... Still in perfect condition. It leads a pampered garaged life...

The Honda automatic has been flawless. I'm going to treat it to a fluid change this summer. If you change the fluid often ~25k the Honda automatic will give you exceptional service. I've seen them last over 300k in Hondas with no problems.

The sad part about internet forums is 1 person will scream how horrible a car is, but there are 250 people not saying anything that are having a perfect ownership experience.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #36
mrtube
Advanced Member
mrtube is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

I'll admit to date our vue has given us no problems at 62K.

However I hate how the transmission acts. its been "ok" since i changed the fluid 3 times but it seems like the problem is slowly coming back.

i've seen MANY GM automatics with 200+K on them that never had the fluid changed.

*IF* the Honda transmission makes it to 100K ill be happy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mrtube's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mrtube reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mrtube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #37
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

I never changed the fluid on my Cutlass and it ran great up top 153k when I traded her in for the VUE. Looking back on it, I should have kept her. But that's water under the bridge. I do love my VUE and can't wait to take it out and actually have fun with it.

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #38
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

I had a 2004 Vue with the 3.5 V6. It was a good engine with a less than good transmission--the torque converter was bad(severe vibration at low speed). I put up with it till I hit 90,000 miles and traded for a 2008 Vue XR, the one with the 3.6 high feature V6. I believe it is the same engine that came in the CTS. So far I have 54,000 miles and I have had no issues with anything in the vehicle at all. The only major expense I've had with it has been 4 new tires(replaced at 51,000 miles). Yes, the Honda engine was good, but I like the 3.6 high feature better--less overall maintence expense over 100,000 miles. It has slightly more power and I think it runs smoother than the old Vue. Gas milage is a little less, but the 2008 weighs more than the 2004.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:29 PM   #39
stbvue

2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtube View Post
I'll admit to date our vue has given us no problems at 62K.

However I hate how the transmission acts. its been "ok" since i changed the fluid 3 times but it seems like the problem is slowly coming back.

i've seen MANY GM automatics with 200+K on them that never had the fluid changed.

*IF* the Honda transmission makes it to 100K ill be happy.
Thats the way im lookin at it mrtube....Im lucky if i have a vehicle till i get 100K on them....By then the warranty is way gone an so is a few other things with it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-04-2010, 11:38 PM   #40
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin05VUE View Post
... and go back to drinking my jack and coke. Have a good day
chillin ... I gotta say it ... IMO anyone who'd mix Jack with coke should be ashamed. You take one of the worlds best sipping whiskeys and mix with coke? You can mix Old Crow with coke and get the same taste.

Man, try sipping Jack straight, with branch water, or one or two ice cubes made with branch water, but with coke - NO!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote