SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
GmG
Advanced Member
GmG is on a distinguished road

1998 SC2
1992 SC
Default downpipe/flexpipe woes

About 1.5 years ago I crunched the downpipe on my 98 on a curb I didn't see. Trying to have it replaced with anything from the parts store didn't work; none of them fit. I had a 91/92 header but no downpipe, so I tried buying a downpipe from the parts store for it, and it worked. Unfortunately, it wasn't a pretty piece brand new, and two winters later, it is already rusted out beyond repair. I hate to buy another one like it, but none of the junkyards I called have "exhaust parts", which seems to fit in with reports from others of the jy's cutting the headers off without salvaging the downpipes. Any suggestions? I'd be willing to buy a header/downpipe from someone if they have a good one.

George
92 SCm 138k
98 SC2m 131k

"You shouldn't leave things in the fridge. That is the lesson."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GmG's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GmG reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GmG is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2008, 11:46 PM   #2
traumadog
traumadog is on a distinguished road

1994 SC2
Default Re: downpipe/flexpipe woes

I remember seeing a cheap '92 downpipe on eBay a while ago.

Other than that, you might have to find a U-Pull-It kinda place (rather than a pre-pulled JY) to find one...

2004 GTO -> VY/VZ Monaro conversion (QS/Black M6 Build: Oct 2003 / 1 of 889 ...)
2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT (the wife's)
1994 Saturn SC2, Red/Tan/Auto
1981 Cadillac Eldorado Diesel

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to traumadog's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help traumadog reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
traumadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:32 AM   #3
Kal
Kal is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
Default Re: downpipe/flexpipe woes

I've been looking for 91-92 header's forever. However, there is no Junkyards that allow you to pull yourself. These guys act like they know off the top of their head that they don't have any of it. Even though they do have that year of S-series Maybe they are right. But its a little frustrating, because its so hard to find them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kal's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kal reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote