SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
foreverto
foreverto is on a distinguished road

Default P0010 Error Code - Camshaft Position Sensor

I have a 2009 Saturn VUE XE 2.4L Cylinder DOHC ECOTEC Engine.
The malfunction indicator lamp stays on and displays the error code P0010.
Intake (A) camshaft position actuator circuit/open (Bank 1). The dealer wants ninety dollars to install the sensor. Anyone have any idea exactly where the sensor is located and how to replace it? Do you have to remove any other engine part to get to it? Pictures and diagrams would be appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to foreverto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help foreverto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
foreverto is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: P0010 Error Code - Camshaft Position Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverto View Post
I have a 2009 Saturn VUE XE 2.4L Cylinder DOHC ECOTEC Engine.
The malfunction indicator lamp stays on and displays the error code P0010.
Intake (A) camshaft position actuator circuit/open (Bank 1). The dealer wants ninety dollars to install the sensor. Anyone have any idea exactly where the sensor is located and how to replace it? Do you have to remove any other engine part to get to it? Pictures and diagrams would be appreciated.
I have the extract to replace the actuator - its slightly too large to post. I can email if you send an address by private message (left click on my screen name).

I was able to attach two prerequisite files and description for 2.4 DTC P0010:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184262
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2.4 AC Duct R2.pdf (113.9 KB, 217 views)
File Type: pdf 2.4 Intake Manifold Cvr R2.pdf (110.3 KB, 209 views)
File Type: pdf 2.4 P0010 or P0013.pdf (18.7 KB, 337 views)

I try to visit forum often but suggest you use private messages if in a rush (comes to cell) and include email address for extracts. I seldom check visitor messages so please don't use.

Last edited by far2grumpy; 09-08-2012 at 12:56 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
foreverto

Dizzy Re: P0010 Error Code - Camshaft Position Sensor

The attachment below is what I need help with installing on our 2009 Saturn VUE.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Camshaft Position Sensor.PDF (58.3 KB, 355 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help foreverto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
The attachment below is what I need help with installing on our 2009 Saturn VUE.
I never argue with a customer but the CMP shouldn't cause code P0010.

Me thinks you need to replace the intake cam actuator solenoid valve, which would be Item (2) on attached thumbnail:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Actuator Solenoid Valve.jpg (57.6 KB, 247 views)

I try to visit forum often but suggest you use private messages if in a rush (comes to cell) and include email address for extracts. I seldom check visitor messages so please don't use.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
foreverto

Sad Re: P0010 Error Code - Camshaft Position Sensor

You are probably right. The Advance Auto Tech read the code P0010. I am now confused. If the message reads intake (A) camshaft position actuator circuit/open (Bank 1), I assumed it called for the part camshaft position sensor and not the camshaft position actuator solenoid valve. Looks like I am out of my comfort zone.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
far2grumpy
Master Member

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
You are probably right. The Advance Auto Tech read the code P0010. I am now confused. If the message reads intake (A) camshaft position actuator circuit/open (Bank 1), I assumed it called for the part camshaft position sensor and not the camshaft position actuator solenoid valve. Looks like I am out of my comfort zone.
It looks like a simple job to replace either intake of exhaust actuator solenoid.

You'd have to remove air cleaner and engine cover but it looks "like wide open spaces" after that.

See post # 1 of this thread:

http://chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28779

You could also look at this one for updated part numbers:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho....php?p=1912177

Last edited by far2grumpy; 09-08-2012 at 05:08 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
Jalberdi99
Jalberdi99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
I never argue with a customer but the CMP shouldn't cause code P0010.

Me thinks you need to replace the intake cam actuator solenoid valve, which would be Item (2) on attached thumbnail:
do you know if that is cover under warranty?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jalberdi99's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jalberdi99 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jalberdi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #8
far2grumpy
Master Member

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 View Post
do you know if that is cover under warranty?
I don't know ... but I imagine a local GM dealer would know.

I received email from the OP (foreverto) for this thread saying he felt the P0010 repair would be covered under his 5-year / 100,000 warranty.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #9
tiger862
tiger862 will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L

Check oil. Make sure you run correct weight and change regular. VVT engines depends on oil pressure to work and if low or needs changing then that would cause these problems. GM went to Dexos oil for this reason.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tiger862's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tiger862 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tiger862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #10
youknowme
youknowme is on a distinguished road

I'd make the dealer fix it. Its a 3 year old car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to youknowme's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help youknowme reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
youknowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:02 PM   #11
roddant
roddant is on a distinguished road

On my 2008 Saturn Vue, the cam shaft sensor is located on the driver's side on the front of the engine... nothing has to be removed to access it...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to roddant's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help roddant reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
roddant is offline   Reply With Quote