SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2006, 03:58 AM   #1
247jamz
247jamz is on a distinguished road

Default Very, Very good service experience with Saturn Dealer

I bought my '03 VUE at Saturn of Stevens Creek in San Jose, CA, and bought the extended warranty as well. I took it into this dealer for all the recommended services, including the 60k serivce, which cost me $820. They always did a great job.

At 60,900 miles, the oil cooler started leaking coolant, and my dealer informed me that the warranty company (which is NOT Saturn) would not cover it. It was going to be a $1,300 repair! But since I had bought it there, and paid for the services, including the 60k service 1 month prior, Saturn of Steven's Creek repaired it FOR FREE! I didn't even had to twist the guy's arm

I would have been plenty pissed off at the warranty company for not covering this if the dealer didn't cover it. They really went to bat for me. After reading the "Good bye Saturn!" thread, it is odd that the dealer would not cover a repair under $300 for all the pain the poor guy had been through.

Maybe the dealer felt a tad responsible for the problem, they had been in there a month before and had replaced a few hoses, perhaps the pressure check had forced a leak on a poorly sealed component. But who knows...it makes me want to go back to them for all my repairs from now on, even though (I assume) they can be done competently other places for less $$.

I just wanted to relay a positive service experience! Maybe they can help me get a new radio in my VUE, my "Advanced Audio System" makes it a problem apparently...

- Dave

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 247jamz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 247jamz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
247jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2006, 11:10 AM   #2
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Very, Very good service experience with Saturn Dealer

True, it could be they thought they broke the oil cooler.
How does replacing that become a $1300 job?
As far as the radio goes, just have everything replaced by a professional shop

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:25 AM   #3
bk63
bk63 is on a distinguished road

I'm just curious. What did they do for 820 bucks?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bk63's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bk63 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:05 PM   #4
KCW
Advanced Member
KCW is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

$820 ?! holy Kwrap! After that bill they will do anything to keep you as a regular customer!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KCW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KCW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:40 PM   #5
pisulino
pisulino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW View Post
$820 ?! holy Kwrap! After that bill they will do anything to keep you as a regular customer!
Typical pshicological game....
Take $820 for a job, and then play good samaritan.
I guess 247 is not the first one to hit the 60K servicing.
What have others pay for that service? and what does it cover? (wow hope the waxed the car as well...lol)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pisulino's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pisulino reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pisulino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:59 PM   #6
mellissam
mellissam will become famous soon enoughmellissam will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L

$820 seems a tad expensive for a 60k.....
What is required at 60k anyway???
Oil change, transmission oil change, tire rotation, coolant flush...hmmmm....what else could they do?

'Silven'

K&N / Sheep seats / Run Brds / Roof Rack / Fog Lps / Trailer Hitch / Air Horns / LEDs / Power Inv. / Cool Blues

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mellissam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mellissam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mellissam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:22 PM   #7
247jamz
247jamz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellissam View Post
$820 seems a tad expensive for a 60k.....
What is required at 60k anyway???
Oil change, transmission oil change, tire rotation, coolant flush...hmmmm....what else could they do?
I was surprised as well with that bill, but in addition to the stuff above, they changed a few hoses in the cooling system, cleaned components of the fuel system, and the interior cabin filter. Lube door hinges, sunroof, little stuff I can do, but they did it.

One thing they did not do was the tranny flush and filter, they want $300 for that.

- Dave

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 247jamz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 247jamz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
247jamz is offline   Reply With Quote