SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2009, 01:27 AM   #1
mattghaf
mattghaf is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Cash Back + APR Problem

Hello, I want to purchase a saturn vue. The current offer isn't so bad but because I am a college student I am eligible for the college discount so I went to this page (this is an official GM page)

https://ww w.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-gmpop/virtual/pages/html/cgp/cgwe.html

I looked at the "2009" section and saw the vue where it says 0% apr for eligible or cash back, but if you notice next to the saturn vue it has a (3).

So what I did was scroll to the bottom of the page and read (3) it says cash can be combined with apr. I was really happy that this was possible. Or I am completely misunderstanding. Rebate + 0% interest sounds great, or to good to be true?

I went to the dealer they told me that this wasn't possible, they even browsed around and I showed them this page and I gave them my college authorization number, it was a salesmen and I think a finance manager telling me this. Should I talk to somebody higher up? Or am I wrong here? Thanks for the help.

SHORT STORY:
Found 0% and APR deal combined for college students, went to dealer and they told me it's not possible.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mattghaf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mattghaf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mattghaf is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2009, 07:28 AM   #2
unit731
unit731 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Cash Back + APR Problem

Well, possibly you can do some research. Such as kbb.com etc.

And maybe go right to the source: General Motors.

SOURCE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unit731's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unit731 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unit731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

It says in the note you can combine bonus cash with the special APR. But if you look at the table you see there is no bonus cash for Saturns. The total cash allowance is in leiu of the apr (this isn't considered bonus cash).

The college discount is a different program. Sometimes these special programs can't be stacked onto other deals.

2008 BMW 328i
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Past Saturns: 97 SL2, 01 SC2, 04 VUE, 08 Astra, 02 L200.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spencerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

The college discount is just supplier pricing. You can stack either rebates OR financing on top of that, but not both--nothing special, it's just that financing and rebates are not stackable. It's one or the other.

May be something fluky on the site, but that's how it has worked and will continue to work except in special cases.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

i jjust delivered a college grad perogram with 0 percent today

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote