SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 11:11 PM   #1
jmatero
Advanced Member
jmatero is on a distinguished road

Default ION Sunroof Option on hold....

I was told by two salesmen now that the sunroof option is temporarily unavailable when ordering new ION's. Does anyone know why?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jmatero's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jmatero reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2002, 11:31 PM   #2
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Default No, but...

Hopefully they won't use those cruddy plastic rails again!! They should just put in a quality roof and have it last the life of the car and not just till the warranty is over.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-05-2002, 01:29 AM   #3
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member
XtremeGrandAm is on a distinguished road

Default Re: No, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by piney
Hopefully they won't use those cruddy plastic rails again!! They should just put in a quality roof and have it last the life of the car and not just till the warranty is over.
I have yet to see one with a sunroof...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XtremeGrandAm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XtremeGrandAm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-05-2002, 09:27 AM   #4
BobL
Master Member
BobL is on a distinguished road

Second Piney's comment.

Perhaps they're looking for a quality supplier this time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-05-2002, 09:44 AM   #5
DiabloVerde
DiabloVerde is on a distinguished road

Quality, you doubt the quality. Hey I have absolute faith that 3 is the magic number. That is, I am now on my 3rd and hopefully last sunroof in my Saturn

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DiabloVerde's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DiabloVerde reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-05-2002, 12:07 PM   #6
jmatero
Advanced Member

Default I Hope...

I seriously hope the sunroof isn't as bad as the one in the L-series. I'm seriously considering ordering an ION but NOT if having a sunroof means the headliner is held up by VELCRO and the overhead light hangs. That is the CHEAPEST integration of a sunroof I've EVER seen at ANY price point and I pray the ION has a high quality unit with well thought out integration. The L seems like an afterthought.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help jmatero reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-05-2002, 01:43 PM   #7
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

See, the VUE's integration actually was pulled off well. The sunroof is huge, fast, quiet, and looks good from the inside and out... I am not a fan of the sunroof cover on the Ls/... with that funkly front vent finning, and if you slam it shut - it sounds tinny.
~D.J.~

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-05-2002, 03:25 PM   #8
L300Boy
Master Member
L300Boy is on a distinguished road

Default Re: I Hope...

Quote:
Originally posted by jmatero
I seriously hope the sunroof isn't as bad as the one in the L-series..................That is the CHEAPEST integration of a sunroof I've EVER seen at ANY price point
Yes, some people have sagging roofliners, but I dont. The implementation of the L series sunroof is nearly top notch IMHO:

1) Not a cut in the roof, actually crimped down, well sealed, never leaked
2) internal sunroof and popup wind deflector
3) easy to use vent and open controls, sun block with vent holes

Room for improvement:

1) single touch control (personal preference really)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L300Boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L300Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-05-2002, 04:19 PM   #9
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Thumbs Down Re: I Hope...

Quote:
I seriously hope the sunroof isn't as bad as the one in the L-series. I'm seriously considering ordering an ION but NOT if having a sunroof means the headliner is held up by VELCRO and the overhead light hangs. That is the CHEAPEST integration of a sunroof I've EVER seen at ANY price point and I pray the ION has a high quality unit with well thought out integration. The L seems like an afterthought.
Yep, that's how it is in my parents' L200.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-05-2002, 04:22 PM   #10
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member
XtremeGrandAm is on a distinguished road

Interesting out sunroof is excellent in our L300. I didnt care much for the sunroof on my 01 SC2 though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XtremeGrandAm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XtremeGrandAm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-05-2002, 05:38 PM   #11
jmatero
Advanced Member

Please... no offense but the headliner in my Passat and in my old stratus could not be moved.... solid around the opening. In EVERY L-car I've seen with a sunroof, the ENTIRE roof liner moves in your hand like a napkin... cheap cheap cheap feeling. Why the liner can't be secured is beyond me. Also, when you press the open/close button the entire roof liner sinks down with it. It just exudes cheap. I'm hoping the ION is done RIGHT.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-05-2002, 05:44 PM   #12
L300Boy
Master Member

yikes!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help L300Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-05-2002, 06:14 PM   #13
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
In EVERY L-car I've seen with a sunroof, the ENTIRE roof liner moves in your hand like a napkin... cheap cheap cheap feeling.... It just exudes cheap. I'm hoping the ION is done RIGHT.
So, what are you trying to say???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-06-2002, 10:10 AM   #14
jmatero
Advanced Member

I guess I'm trying to say, I won't buy a car without a sunroof.... it's the one little toy I truely love. However, I would exlude a vehicle if it comes accross to me as cheap/rattle box, etc. It's the one thing that freaks me out about buying a VUE... I can't imagine that all of those loose dash plastic parts (when NEW) are not going to start making racket 12 months from now.

The ION interior is a step above the VUE and L-series in terms of materials used... particularly on the dash... there's nothing more important... nothing more that gives an owner a feeling of SOLID, QUALITY.. than what he/she touches.

This includes buttons, door handles, steering wheel, vent knobs, etc.

This is why the ION is a HUGE improvement over the VUE: just turn the hot/cold knob on both and you'll see what I mean. I hope the ION's sunroof is more like the VUE (pretty darn good) than the L-series.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-06-2002, 01:49 PM   #15
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
I guess I'm trying to say, I won't buy a car without a sunroof.... it's the one little toy I truely love. However, I would exlude a vehicle if it comes accross to me as cheap/rattle box, etc. It's the one thing that freaks me out about buying a VUE... I can't imagine that all of those loose dash plastic parts (when NEW) are not going to start making racket 12 months from now.

The ION interior is a step above the VUE and L-series in terms of materials used... particularly on the dash... there's nothing more important... nothing more that gives an owner a feeling of SOLID, QUALITY.. than what he/she touches.

This includes buttons, door handles, steering wheel, vent knobs, etc.

This is why the ION is a HUGE improvement over the VUE: just turn the hot/cold knob on both and you'll see what I mean. I hope the ION's sunroof is more like the VUE (pretty darn good) than the L-series.
Yea, the knob in the ION turns easily... the VUEs is stiffer. Have you been in a recently built VUE?
~D.J.~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-06-2002, 02:55 PM   #16
jmatero
Advanced Member

Default ohio...

Ohio... are new builds different? The ION (and most other cars) have a clear detent at extreme hot/cold settings. On the VUE's I've sat in, you can turn the knob to, say, the coldest setting and the knob feels like you could keep turning it... kinda springy... makes me feel like it's going to snap off. Have they changed it in recent builds?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-06-2002, 04:14 PM   #17
L300Boy
Master Member

L series has a final click/notch on its extreme settings too...interesting.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-06-2002, 08:15 PM   #18
OhioVueBoy
Master Member

2002 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: ohio...

Quote:
Ohio... are new builds different? The ION (and most other cars) have a clear detent at extreme hot/cold settings. On the VUE's I've sat in, you can turn the knob to, say, the coldest setting and the knob feels like you could keep turning it... kinda springy... makes me feel like it's going to snap off. Have they changed it in recent builds?
I dunno, my May of '02 built VUE has stiff knobs that have definite stops. Every VUE is different, however.
~D.J.~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-07-2002, 12:32 PM   #19
RustyJCNC
Advanced Member
RustyJCNC is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up I noticed

I also noticed the 5 Ion's they had at Saturn of Wilmington were minus the sunroof. I suppose Saturn is trying to pump out a bunch of base level Ion's first? Maybe to bring in new customers as opposed to a already Saturn owner looking to beef up his old S-Series?

I still can't get used to that small steering wheel? Has anyone experienced the drive with this? How is it?

-j

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RustyJCNC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RustyJCNC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-07-2002, 02:06 PM   #20
RedRockerL300
RedRockerL300 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: I noticed

Quote:
Originally posted by RustyJCNC

I still can't get used to that small steering wheel? Has anyone experienced the drive with this? How is it?

-j
I drove an ION2 several weeks ago and that small steering wheel is nice. I really like it. It makes the car that much more fun to drive. I used to have an '84 Nissan King Cab truck and put a 13" Grant GT wheel on it. It was great. I miss not being able to use it anymore.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RedRockerL300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RedRockerL300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread