SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
jonolsonroll200
jonolsonroll200 is on a distinguished road

Default 2004 3.5l vue - PARK fuse blowing

Hello,

I have a 2004 saturn vue, 3.5L FWD.

The park fuse keeps blowing intermittently. Last time I had this problem it was a bad GM radio, that I replaced with an after market radio. I thought perhaps the issue was the after market radio so I removed it. Still pops.

Sometimes it will burst upon turning on the car in the dark, sometimes it will burst hours of driving later.

I've checked some of the bulbs (tail lights in particular) and did not see anything obvious.

I do not think I have a trailer hitch.

One thing I did notice on my car is that there was some front end damage to the metal bar that runs along in front of the radiator. The radiator is bowed inwards a bit, along with the metal bar and the radiator fan. I'm wondering if the PARK fuse wiring runs around that area? I can't tell by just staring at the electrical diagram.

Any ideas?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jonolsonroll200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jonolsonroll200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jonolsonroll200 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2004 3.5l vue - PARK fuse blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonolsonroll200 View Post
Hello,

I have a 2004 saturn vue, 3.5L FWD.

The park fuse keeps blowing intermittently. Last time I had this problem it was a bad GM radio, that I replaced with an after market radio. I thought perhaps the issue was the after market radio so I removed it. Still pops.

Sometimes it will burst upon turning on the car in the dark, sometimes it will burst hours of driving later.

I've checked some of the bulbs (tail lights in particular) and did not see anything obvious.

I do not think I have a trailer hitch.

One thing I did notice on my car is that there was some front end damage to the metal bar that runs along in front of the radiator. The radiator is bowed inwards a bit, along with the metal bar and the radiator fan. I'm wondering if the PARK fuse wiring runs around that area? I can't tell by just staring at the electrical diagram.

Any ideas?
You could have a pinched wire - see thumbnails below - one is wiring diagram and two others depict cable harness routing for front of VUE.

It does appear the harness with right side PARK/MARKER wiring (index 18 and 19) passes through the damaged area.

The front end stuff - bumper covers, grill, lights, etc. - is simple to remove if you want to take a closer look at the harness. Repost or send PM and I'll email the needed extracts.

If you want to check bulbs first - there are 10 PARK/MARKER bulbs - plus the radio lighting - fed by PARK fuse so you should remove each bulb to inspect bulb and socket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04 Vue - Park Lts.jpg (97.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 04 Vue - Wire Route-1.jpg (82.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 04 Vue - Wire Route-2.jpg (141.1 KB, 10 views)

I try to visit forum daily but suggest you use private messages if in a rush (comes to cell) and include email address for extracts. I seldom check visitor messages so please don't use.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote