SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2019, 08:17 PM   #1
PrestonIII
PrestonIII has a spectacular aura aboutPrestonIII has a spectacular aura aboutPrestonIII has a spectacular aura about

1994 SL2
1994 SL2
Default Modify my 94 SL2 from broken fender to unbroken!

Some flamboyant hairdresser boy backed into the driver's front fender of my '94 SL2 HCE between the front wheel and bumper cover.

Cracked the fender in 3 places and broke the front mounting flange off it where it bolts to the upper bumper cover. Bent the 2 brackets behind.

Where I live, fenders don't exist in the scrap yards, and none are available new.

I need a replacement fender! My car has the white pearl paint. I'd also like to get the upper bumper cover too.

State Farm Insurance actually totaled my car for the fender, bumper cover, installation and paint. I've already straightened the brackets.

If anyone has these items available, please let me know. I'd doubly like to get them in '94 Home Coming Edition pearl white, though I know that's a pipe dream. Anyone close to central Ohio?

Preston

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PrestonIII's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PrestonIII reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PrestonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2019, 10:17 PM   #2
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really nice

1995 SC2
Default Re: Modify my 94 SL2 from broken fender to unbroken!

www.car-part.com

You live in Ohio, which means there are wrecking yards that have plenty of parts for these old Saturns. Finding a pearl white HCE fender may be a pipe dream, but finding a used fender won't be that difficult.

"What does a Saturn owner do, at the gas station?"

"He checks the gas, and fills the oil....."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Night's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:10 AM   #3
Kaervak
Kaervak will become famous soon enoughKaervak will become famous soon enough

1999 SL2

There's a 94HCE at LKQ in Cincinnati. It was put on the lot on 8-26-19, website photos showed it intact with no body damage. Not too bad of a drive from Columbus to Cincinnati.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kaervak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kaervak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kaervak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:53 PM   #4
PrestonIII
PrestonIII has a spectacular aura aboutPrestonIII has a spectacular aura aboutPrestonIII has a spectacular aura about

1994 SL2
1994 SL2

Thanks guys.

Oddly enough, I always try car-parts.com first. They have nothing of any
value within 100 miles of my home.

So, I drove to the place in Cincinnati that had the white HCE to check it out. That car was completely trashed. Looked like it had been under a tree for many many years, and every panel on it was cracked, broken, or missing. I think the skip-loader (fork lift) that moved it around the yard did a lot of damage. The windshield was cracked, and the interior was completely trashed/missing/destroyed. That picture online, may not be the actual car in the yard!

The front right fender was broken at the seam where it meets the bumper cover and the flange was broken off, which is exactly the problem I have!

I was able to pick up some spares though. I got a cruise control switch, a power window/mirror switch, an outside door handle and a couple center caps for my wheels, as well as some lug nut covers. One thing I can't find though is the plastic loop that screws to the side of the drivers seat to catch the lap belt when you release it. I've already replaced mine twice. (I picked up something from an early SC1, year unknown, that is completely different, but will work until I get the correct part). Oh! And I tried to buy the air bag as a spare (it wasn't curled at the corners) but the yard wouldn't sell it to me. I guess it's a "safety" issue. I think maybe I should have tried to buy the whole steering wheel in order to get it.

Hey! I found that the dash in these cars can be 2 different colors. There is a grey version, and one that is grey with a heavy blue tint to it. My car has the blue tinted one, and a replacement part I picked up in the past is the totally wrong color!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help PrestonIII reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2019, 06:13 AM   #5
Saturninin
Saturninin will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 3.5L
1994 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonIII View Post
Thanks guys.

Oddly enough, I always try car-parts.com first. They have nothing of any
value within 100 miles of my home.

So, I drove to the place in Cincinnati that had the white HCE to check it out. That car was completely trashed. Looked like it had been under a tree for many many years, and every panel on it was cracked, broken, or missing. I think the skip-loader (fork lift) that moved it around the yard did a lot of damage. The windshield was cracked, and the interior was completely trashed/missing/destroyed. That picture online, may not be the actual car in the yard!

The front right fender was broken at the seam where it meets the bumper cover and the flange was broken off, which is exactly the problem I have!

I was able to pick up some spares though. I got a cruise control switch, a power window/mirror switch, an outside door handle and a couple center caps for my wheels, as well as some lug nut covers. One thing I can't find though is the plastic loop that screws to the side of the drivers seat to catch the lap belt when you release it. I've already replaced mine twice. (I picked up something from an early SC1, year unknown, that is completely different, but will work until I get the correct part). Oh! And I tried to buy the air bag as a spare (it wasn't curled at the corners) but the yard wouldn't sell it to me. I guess it's a "safety" issue. I think maybe I should have tried to buy the whole steering wheel in order to get it.

Hey! I found that the dash in these cars can be 2 different colors. There is a grey version, and one that is grey with a heavy blue tint to it. My car has the blue tinted one, and a replacement part I picked up in the past is the totally wrong color!

Thank you for this info... saves me a trip to cinci.... I was going to pull off every panel that I could :P (I've got a parts HCE out back and then like 3 or 4 good panels left from a JY HCE
Did you happen to grab the VIN off it? (Bryan was running a list of all 94 HCE)

Wanted: Dealer items (frames/ key-chains)

Miles(k) 2013~15
94 HCE ~180
05 Vue 3.5 87~140
98 SL1 260~426
08 Outlook XE 20~160
95 SC2 ~128

Past
96 SW2, 98 SL2
160k+ 95 SL,98 SW2, 03 Vue-I4

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturninin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturninin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturninin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:22 AM   #6
PrestonIII

1994 SL2
1994 SL2

Go to the website. They post the VIN online on the post for the car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!