SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
gbech
gbech is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Our new 07 Saturn Aura XR

So we have rejoined the Saturn Family- Moved to the East Coast from the Silicon Valley and needed something front or all wheel drive to replace our previous rear wheel drive sports sedan so I can get around in the winter.

I must say this is a HUGE step up for Saturn- My last Saturn was a 99 SL2 which I drove for 3 years and gave to my brother when we bought our Infiniti G35 Sedan. We sold the G to buy the Aura as primarily a commute car and I will miss the G a ton. It was comfortable, reliable, very fast on the autocross course, and a heap of fun. At least now I get to go buy a new actual sports car-

Only complaints on the new Aura for me are the cheesy/inconvenient rear cup hoders and the mediocre "T" rated GoodYear 225/50x18" LS2 tires I already have my new Falken ZIEX ZE-912 Tires on order. V rated, immensely quieter and much, much more stable and predictable. Bought the HP Programmer to change the speed limiter when the tires arrive and see if I can't squeak out a few more ponies and fuel mileage-

Next trip down to the Virginia proving grounds I will see what I get after removing the speed limiter.

Pics-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gbech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gbech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gbech is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #2
gluc0se
gluc0se is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Re: Our new 07 Saturn Aura XR

Nice ride. Cool to see someone go from a Infinity to a Saturn and be happy about it. Saturn is doing things right!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gluc0se's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gluc0se reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gluc0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:21 AM   #3
Familyguy
Familyguy is on a distinguished road

Is Hypertech making a Power Programmer for these cars now?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Familyguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Familyguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Familyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
gbech
gbech is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

HP Performance has one that works with our V6- Hypertech said they had one in the works, but gave no date. Jet gave me the same story but mentioned it was mostly aimed at the new Cadillac CTS 3.6.

I just want the extra tuning tweaks/fixes for moving to a 235/50x18 speedo adjustment and accomodation for a cold air intake and exhaust. On my Xterra and my G35 both gave me 20-25HP when added but dropped my mpg on the G35 by 1mpg and 0mpg on the Xterra. Reprogrammed for the mods the X jumped to 38HP and an 1.5 or so mpg after 10K miles which gets me back about 40% of my upgrade costs. The G got me 31HP and returned my mileage to stock.

Just want those few extra MPG's where I can get them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gbech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gbech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gbech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:07 AM   #5
Familyguy
Familyguy is on a distinguished road

Thats good to hear--I'd like to find something like that for some extra power and to firm up the shifts a bit too.

Do you have a link to their site?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Familyguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Familyguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Familyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
huskercowboy
huskercowboy is on a distinguished road

Congratulations.....I have a silver pearl XR also and have loved every minute of it. Enjoy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to huskercowboy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help huskercowboy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
huskercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote