SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Miscellaneous Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2000, 12:47 PM   #1
Steph
Steph is on a distinguished road

Default A/C PROBLEM - BLOWS WARM

HEY THERE,

CAN YOU HELP A FRIEND THAT BOUGHT A 96 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO FROM SATURN OF PENSACOLA, FL? HE REALLY WISHES HE BOUGHT A SATURN THOUGH! HIS A/C WILL BLOW COLD FOR A WHILE AND THEN IT SHUTS DOWN AND THEN COMES BACK AND BLOWS WARM. HIS FREON LEVEL IS PRETTY LOW AT THIS POINT. SO FAR NO LEAKS HAVE BEEN FOUND. ANY IDEAS? ALL REPLIES ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE,

STEPH

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Steph's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Steph reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2000, 02:37 AM   #2
Saldana SC2 2K
Saldana SC2 2K will become famous soon enough

What year is it? If you have R12 you can get a $30 kit from almost anywhere and convert it to R134 yourself but also change the dryer/filter. I have done this 3 years ago and works good. Will blow about 4 degrees warmer than R12 but better than getting ripped off. Some of those Jeeps have a filter for the A/C that is inside the vehicle, make sure it is not clogged that will stop it from blowing cold because the air flow would be cut down which would ice up the coils inside the car. Once the ice melts it blows cold again. If it is doing this there is a good chance it has a filter in the car. I am going to Pcola on Sat. to see the Mustang show at University Mall. Its there all weekend chk it out if you have time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saldana SC2 2K's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saldana SC2 2K reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-27-2000, 08:20 AM   #3
Jeff

Steph

You mihgt want to try this site:
http://jeepsunlimited.com/cgi-bin/ju/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

They really know their stuff. Tell your friend to keep the Jeep. I wouldn't trade mine for my wife's Saturn in a million years.

Jeff

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jeff's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jeff reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 04-01-2000, 01:54 AM   #4
scbluegirl
scbluegirl is on a distinguished road

Tell him to have it checked out, it's possible he may need a new compressor if it's not the freon, which could be pricey I'm afraid. The AC went out on my '93 Infiniti and I had to plunk down $1300 for the repair..I now own a Saturn. : )

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scbluegirl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scbluegirl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread