SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2019, 12:24 AM   #1
dakota1820
Advanced Member
dakota1820 will become famous soon enough

2002 SC2
1995 SL2
Default Can I swap sl rear seats into my sl2

I own an 02 sc2 and I’m wondering is it possible to swap the rear seats so I have 3 seats in the back with seat belts? How hard is this to do? Is it possible all advice is welcome. I have three kids and a fiancé so it would be nice for us all to have the option of taking the Saturn places sometimes. Thanks everyone.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dakota1820's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dakota1820 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dakota1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2019, 10:09 AM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Can I swap sl rear seats into my sl2

Use the great big search box at the top of each page and enter seat swap and hit the enter key. Follow what you first find to your answer. The floor pan is the same in each generation except gen-1 so there is a fair chance the gen-3 rear will fit.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

The bottom swaps over with little issue as long as you swap the bolster/frame too. Use 1/2" drive sockets and either a 20+in bar or impact tool to take the bolts out.

Can be tricky to get the bottom unlocked, there's a locking tab in the center of each side you have to push slightly in and down to get released then the bottom comes out.

Picture guide: https://saturnseries.net/DIY%20Guide...eat%20Base.htm

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #4
dakota1820
Advanced Member
dakota1820 will become famous soon enough

2002 SC2
1995 SL2

Will the seatbelt for the center swap over to?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dakota1820's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dakota1820 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dakota1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:36 AM   #5
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

I've had issues even with 3ft of leverage getting the bolts out but everything related to the bottoms is swappable for a given generation; possibly 2nd and 3rd direct swappable even if the cloth/leather patterns don't match but I've not tried between generations.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote