SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail


Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2019, 01:24 PM   #1
02BlackSC2
Junior Member
02BlackSC2 is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 28

2002 SC2
2005 VUE Red Line
Default What to do with old seats

Hey gentlemen. I have a 2002 SC2. My original seats were tan fabric. My wife bought some black leather seats for the front and back to replace mine. Any ideas what I could do with the old ones? I don't want to store them, but I don't want to just throw them away. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
02BlackSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2019, 02:15 PM   #2
focusofheart
Member
focusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the rough
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Southern California
Posts: 355
 

1998 SL2
Default Re: What to do with old seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BlackSC2 View Post
Hey gentlemen. I have a 2002 SC2. My original seats were tan fabric. My wife bought some black leather seats for the front and back to replace mine. Any ideas what I could do with the old ones? I don't want to store them, but I don't want to just throw them away. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
No idea what to do with your old seats, other than give them to the Salvation Army, yet I would like you to verify that your new seats are indeed full grain LEATHER - not PU, PVC, Bonded Leather, Genuine Leather or even Faux Leather.

Normally full or top grain leather is fairly expensive and these should be treated differently than other 'leather' products.

The label 'leather' is placed on many things that are really not actual leather, unfortunately.

On second thought, you might secure the old seats to a portable wood platform to allow the kids to play or use them as additional outdoor seating.
...
Saturn 1998 - SL2 automatic
Singer 1952 - 301A knee driven
focusofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:58 PM   #3
02BlackSC2
Junior Member
02BlackSC2 is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 28

2002 SC2
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Re: What to do with old seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusofheart View Post
No idea what to do with your old seats, other than give them to the Salvation Army, yet I would like you to verify that your new seats are indeed full grain LEATHER - not PU, PVC, Bonded Leather, Genuine Leather or even Faux Leather.

Normally full or top grain leather is fairly expensive and these should be treated differently than other 'leather' products.

The label 'leather' is placed on many things that are really not actual leather, unfortunately.

On second thought, you might secure the old seats to a portable wood platform to allow the kids to play or use them as additional outdoor seating.


I don't believe The Salvation Army or Goodwill takes any kind of auto parts.

There's no telling what they are really made of since they are factory Saturn leather seats 😉.
02BlackSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:57 PM   #4
focusofheart
Member
focusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the rough
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Southern California
Posts: 355
 

1998 SL2
Default Re: What to do with old seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BlackSC2 View Post
...There's no telling what they are really made of since they are factory Saturn leather seats 😉.
Sorry - as a tailor and dressmaker I tend to ask about fabrics or pass on information that may be of help, even without being asked.

Many people on this forum seem to collect Saturns, whereas I collect 301A Singer sewing machines, both short and long bed, and I get to drive a Saturn.
...
Saturn 1998 - SL2 automatic
Singer 1952 - 301A knee driven
focusofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:28 AM   #5
fetchitfido
Super Member
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future
 
fetchitfido's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,550
 

2001 SC2
Default Re: What to do with old seats

I've always wanted to do something like the attached or turn them into more mobile office chairs here.

Not much to be done with the rear seat(s), not only are they 2 piece (bottom and top/back) but the bottom's have no frame to attach anything to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carseatchair.jpg (61.6 KB, 1 views)
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:05 AM   #6
focusofheart
Member
focusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the rough
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Southern California
Posts: 355
 

1998 SL2
Default Re: What to do with old seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
I've always wanted to do something like the attached or turn them into more mobile office chairs here.

Not much to be done with the rear seat(s), not only are they 2 piece (bottom and top/back) but the bottom's have no frame to attach anything to.
Your comment got me to looking -

LOLOLOL! Look at #17 to see what someone did with a rear seat.

https://diyjoy.com/upcycling-diy-projects-car-parts/
...
Saturn 1998 - SL2 automatic
Singer 1952 - 301A knee driven
focusofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:55 PM   #7
02BlackSC2
Junior Member
02BlackSC2 is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 28

2002 SC2
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Re: What to do with old seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
I've always wanted to do something like the attached or turn them into more mobile office chairs here.

Not much to be done with the rear seat(s), not only are they 2 piece (bottom and top/back) but the bottom's have no frame to attach anything to.
That is AMAZING! I just read this post, told my wife how awesome the idea is, and am now in the process of being shot down.😏 This is life. I'll see how far I can push it. 😉
02BlackSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:03 PM   #8
02BlackSC2
Junior Member
02BlackSC2 is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 28

2002 SC2
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Re: What to do with old seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusofheart View Post
Your comment got me to looking -

LOLOLOL! Look at #17 to see what someone did with a rear seat.

https://diyjoy.com/upcycling-diy-projects-car-parts/
Focus,

There are some really neat things on that link. I really enjoy looking through things like that.
02BlackSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
interior, parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Seats Will Interchange With My '98 SC2 Seats? zbban1 S-Series General 5 01-28-2018 03:54 PM
Looking to trade 2nd row Captains seats for bench seats Outlook4us Outlook General 4 10-12-2009 07:19 PM
Replacing Ion2QC Seats with Redline Seats Darkvette Ion General 1 08-11-2008 08:36 AM
SC seats too hard...will SL seats fit? serenitythen S-Series General 3 01-28-2007 06:54 PM
Can 1994 sc2 cloth seats be changed to 1996-99 sc2 leather seats pamart100 S-Series Tech 2 10-20-2003 11:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:51 PM.

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SaturnFans.com. The Saturn Enthusiasts Site.