SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2019, 08:59 PM   #1
64waves
64waves has a spectacular aura about64waves has a spectacular aura about64waves has a spectacular aura about

2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Sudden loss of headlights

Good evening. 2001 L100 approx 175k miles. I have a p0410 code I need to get a part for, otherwise the car runs great. Yesterday I would crank but not start, thought it could be the security system acting up. It started ok today and took it to work. Drove home in darkness, no issues.
Stopped to get gas. After that I pulled onto the road and noticed I had no headlights. I would get the high beams if I did the stalk switch for that.
Rode home on highbeams. I had tail lights, amber lights and dash lights, but no headlights. Brake lights and turn signals also worked. Stalk switch? Fuse? or BCM? Thanks in advance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 64waves's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 64waves reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
64waves is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2019, 09:44 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Sudden loss of headlights

Check for blown fuses. Next might be the headlight switch.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:04 PM   #3
64waves
64waves has a spectacular aura about64waves has a spectacular aura about64waves has a spectacular aura about

2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Hello, tried a different stalk switch plus checked the headlight fuses and DRL relay. Fuses ok and still no worky.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 64waves reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-15-2019, 04:38 PM   #4
64waves

2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I also looked for the headlamp relay at the driver side feet, this car does not have one. What next.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-15-2019, 05:52 PM   #5
floridasl22002
floridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to behold

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Found this googling. Maybe helpful to you.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=219846

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to floridasl22002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help floridasl22002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
floridasl22002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:53 PM   #6
64waves

2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

GOT IT! Tried a bulb on driver side, no help. Tried it on passenger side, got a headlight. So I replaced the driver side with another new one and VIOLA! I have headlights again. I saw a old post in my search that one going out could cause the second one to go out. I really don't think I had one out for a while then the second one finally went. But GLAD it is working now. I do have more bulbs on hand just in case. Yippee!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-15-2019, 07:54 PM   #7
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Both low beam lamps burned out? No wonder we all missed it. One low beam is obvious, not two.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote