SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2019, 02:23 AM   #1
mylego1017
mylego1017 is on a distinguished road

Attention warning lights come on when turning

i have a 2008 VUE with approx 170,000 miles, lately when i make a turn (most of the time its a right turn) the Traction off light, brake light, and the other light dealing with traction and stability come on and the brake on sound beeps a few times, then the beeping stops and brake light goes off but the other 2 stay on until i turn car off. Any possible ideas on causes?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mylego1017's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mylego1017 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mylego1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2019, 05:28 PM   #2
JefferyC
JefferyC is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: warning lights come on when turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylego1017 View Post
i have a 2008 VUE with approx 170,000 miles, lately when i make a turn (most of the time its a right turn) the Traction off light, brake light, and the other light dealing with traction and stability come on and the brake on sound beeps a few times, then the beeping stops and brake light goes off but the other 2 stay on until i turn car off. Any possible ideas on causes?
Check your brake fluid at least.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JefferyC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JefferyC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JefferyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:13 PM   #3
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: warning lights come on when turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylego1017 View Post
I've attached ABS/TCS/SCS explanation extracted from service manual (apologies if you understand system).

Similar problems have been caused by loose or damaged wheel speed sensor connector (WSS) or interconnect wiring to EBCM.

A "tired" WSS could also be failing by not sending expected signal at low speeds to EBCM.

Its likely one or more trouble codes have been stored to identify the problem. GM dealers and better repair shops will have a code reader to read codes and most likely isolate problem to specific area.

A few questions:

1. are the turns low speed type (not highway driving)?
2. do you need brake pedal pushed when turning to cause lights?
3. if FWD - can you lift front end - run engine in gear at slow speed and turn steering wheel to see if you can duplicate problem?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 08 Vue - ABS D & O.pdf (30.6 KB, 3 views)

I don't spend much time on forum but do answer private messages (they alert my phone). Include email address if you need pdf extracts. Don't use visitor message feature as I forget to check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote