SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2019, 03:55 AM   #1
Mister_Cee
Mister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the rough

1996 SW2
Default What is this part?

I found a part (about 8 inches long) under my car, tonight. No one else parks in my assigned space (unless someone did in the 25 minutes I was out getting dinner) so I don't know where else the part could have come from.

I have a photo of it but how do I put it in a post so that your trained mechanic's eyes can tell me what it is or if it even came from our cars?

Edit: I tried to download it but nothing happened

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mister_Cee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mister_Cee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mister_Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2019, 04:17 AM   #2
Mister_Cee
Mister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the rough

1996 SW2
Default Re: What is this part?

Did this work?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Mister_Cee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-08-2019, 04:22 AM   #3
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to all

1997 SL2

To attach an image, click the paperclip above the message box when typing a new reply. The image width has to be 1280 or less though or it will most likely fail to upload.

Road salt will be the death of me
1997 SL2, 112K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:29 AM   #4
Mister_Cee

1996 SW2

To heck with it. Maybe the %$#@! car will fall apart tomorrow.(Can you tell I have ZERO patience for software I don't understand ? lol) I can't get this to attach. My page says "In progress" but won't do anything.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-08-2019, 04:32 AM   #5
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to all

1997 SL2

You could also try uploading to a 3rd party site with no requirements and then share the link here. www.imgur.com being a good one, no sign up required.

Road salt will be the death of me
1997 SL2, 112K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:54 AM   #6
Mister_Cee

1996 SW2

Try once more

The bottom parts has 2 bolt holes. The top couple of inches, although you can't see, because I'm a crummy photographer) is threaded.

There seems to be some rubber insert in the same bottom part as if some type of shock absorber.

The only indentifying marking (located on part at the bottom of the picture) is the number 47.

A complete mystery to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mystery part.jpg (96.9 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by Mister_Cee; 01-08-2019 at 05:00 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-08-2019, 07:35 AM   #7
onlinebiker
Advanced Member
onlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like an exhaust hanger.

92 SC2
93 SC2
96 SC2
97 SL2
97 SC2
99 SC2
02 SC2
02 SL2

parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
3 96 SC2
98 SC2 - rusty frame minus engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onlinebiker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onlinebiker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onlinebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:53 AM   #8
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

Looks like an exhaust hanger to me too, but it's a bolt on style that I never saw on an S-Series.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:51 AM   #9
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
Looks like an exhaust hanger to me too, but it's a bolt on style that I never saw on an S-Series.
Could be why it was under OP's car. Fell off another car, bounced or got kicked under OP's car by a pedestrian, car, etc.

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:14 PM   #10
Mister_Cee

1996 SW2

Thanks for looking. I won't let my imagination run wild, now, and wonder if my car (which I've had since it came off the showroom floor) is going to fall apart lol.

Yes, the part definititely bolted onto something and I have no clue why the threads at the to end.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-08-2019, 02:17 PM   #11
Mister_Cee

1996 SW2

UPDATE:

Just got back from my brake guy ... the part is NOT from my car (and, as a bonus, his inspection of the brakes indicates still have 75% wear to go, there!! lol).

Good start to the day

REWARD EXCELLENCE!