SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2015, 12:20 PM   #1
Fefe Cat
Fefe Cat is on a distinguished road

Default I need to find the differential side gear seal for side gear seal Saturn sl 94

I own a 94 Saturn sl1 sohc with option LKO. this car has a special transmission. that year Saturn made three of them 1 standard, 1automatic, then this one traction control and performance engine button on the trantransmission. this is the only year they did this. what is my problem is. I can not find the right size differential side gear seal for driver side. or side gear.seal. they both the same part. I have tried part # 4613n this seal is to small. it falls out the hole. then 21003352 or B4613RX from national seal. this part.is better but will still fall out. the auto part store said to put some ATV on it. I don't like that ideal.

the car has 500,000 I have replaced everything on the front end but the engine . this is the last part I have to find for transmission. if any knows where I can find this part let me know

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Fefe Cat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Fefe Cat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Fefe Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2015, 12:39 PM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2
Default Re: I need to find the differential side gear seal for side gear seal Saturn sl 94

Normal/Performance button is standard on automatics '91-'96ish.
ABS & TC have nothing to do with the transmission.
21003352 is an axle seal, nothing to do with the differential.

What you want should be on this page: http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssem...rimLevel=25210
Click fullsize image if it doesn't go straight to it.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: I need to find the differential side gear seal for side gear seal Saturn sl 94

LK0 is the engine code and it is standard for the 91-94 SOHC engine. The performance/manual switch is electronic for the PCM shift harshness. The traction control is part of the ABS. there are only 4 different transmissions, MP-2, MP-3, MP-6, and MP-7. As far as the transaxle housings there is no significant difference 91-02 for either the manual or automatic.

So to be able to solve your problem what is needed is several pictures of exactly what seal you are looking for with at 1 picture close enough to see the configuration of the housing seal recess and another far enough away to be able to see the entire transaxle housing, both with good lighting and in focus. It is preferable to host these in full resolution on a hosting site and to be able to link them here just edit off the "HTTP://" from the URL and they will properly post.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote