SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
jmelvin
jmelvin is on a distinguished road

Default No dash lights/ Tail lights/License plat light

Been trying to figure this out for about a month now-all fuses appear to be good Blinker/Brake and head lights work but no dash lights no tailights and no license plate light-does anyone have an answer-HELP 2003 L200

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jmelvin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jmelvin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jmelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
cityhawk
Master Member
cityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to all

1993 SW2
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Re: No dash lights/ Tail lights/License plat light

Hmmm.... That happened to me but it was a fuse. I had a trailer taillight wire short out and it blew the fuse. If it's not the fuse... At least all the things that aren't working for you are consistent with that one circuit protected by that one fuse...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cityhawk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cityhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cityhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
jmelvin
jmelvin is on a distinguished road

Yah thanks-I even pulled the glove box and checked the BCM-got power in and out there is a tower near the battery that has a bunch of relays soldered to a circuit board but I don't have a book or diagram for this car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jmelvin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jmelvin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jmelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:18 AM   #4
mattachuz
Advanced Member
mattachuz is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
Yah thanks-I even pulled the glove box and checked the BCM-got power in and out there is a tower near the battery that has a bunch of relays soldered to a circuit board but I don't have a book or diagram for this car.
the box next to the battery with circuitry and 4 relays is the FCM for the cooling fans, replace the fuse anyways.

mi: 199,xxx

trips:

X = dest
O = ON way

home- Clovis, ca

Pismo Beach: xx
Morro Bay: oo
San Francisco: x
Los Angeles: ooo
Anahiem (disneyland): xxx
Tulare: o,(x-atleast 15)
Visalia: x

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mattachuz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mattachuz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mattachuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
Becky
Becky is on a distinguished road

I just had the same thing happen last night. No brake lights or dash lights. Saw that the fuse was blown, so I went to the store and bought new fuses. Got home, changed the fuse and went to turn on the lights to check to make sure they were working, and it blew the fuse again. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to start to look for a short?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Becky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Becky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #6
mattachuz
Advanced Member
mattachuz is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I just had the same thing happen last night. No brake lights or dash lights. Saw that the fuse was blown, so I went to the store and bought new fuses. Got home, changed the fuse and went to turn on the lights to check to make sure they were working, and it blew the fuse again. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to start to look for a short?
bad bulbs can throw a fuse, try replacing the brake lights or removing them and putting a new fuse in to see if the dash lights come on.

mi: 199,xxx

trips:

X = dest
O = ON way

home- Clovis, ca

Pismo Beach: xx
Morro Bay: oo
San Francisco: x
Los Angeles: ooo
Anahiem (disneyland): xxx
Tulare: o,(x-atleast 15)
Visalia: x

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mattachuz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mattachuz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mattachuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
Becky
Becky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattachuz View Post
bad bulbs can throw a fuse, try replacing the brake lights or removing them and putting a new fuse in to see if the dash lights come on.
We ended up figuring it out. It ended up being the license plate light. That's what was popping the fuse. Got it fixed and I now have lights. Lol. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Becky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Becky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote