SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
Burgandy25
Burgandy25 has a spectacular aura aboutBurgandy25 has a spectacular aura about

Default How to get GID to show Range, trip consumption and instant consumption?

After we installed the CD40 and GID and got everything working properly I have been able to get the screen to show the BC1 and BC2 and timer, and also have been able to get it to the range and instant consumption to show up. I have yet to be able to find the screen where it shows the Range, instant consumption and trip consumption, I can google image it and find pictures of that screen so I know its there, or do our Astras stateside not have the screen available?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Burgandy25's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Burgandy25 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Burgandy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
Astra La Vista!
Astra La Vista! has a spectacular aura aboutAstra La Vista! has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: How to get GID to show Range, trip consumption and instant consumption?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgandy25 View Post
After we installed the CD40 and GID and got everything working properly I have been able to get the screen to show the BC1 and BC2 and timer, and also have been able to get it to the range and instant consumption to show up. I have yet to be able to find the screen where it shows the Range, instant consumption and trip consumption, I can google image it and find pictures of that screen so I know its there, or do our Astras stateside not have the screen available?
It's been nearly four years since I converted my screen over, but there are only two "pages" available on the higher end display. The cruder screen that comes with the CD30 has 5-6 separate pages that you must cycle through since the resolution on the screen isn't high enough to show more than one parameter at time.

The advanced screen can display more, and has only two pages to cycle through. The first is the one that the car defaults to when you turn the ignition, and it shows the range and instantaneous fuel consumption. The second shows total distance covered, total fuel used, average speed, and average fuel consumption all together on one page.

I believe the European GID screens display one or two different icons along the top compared to ours. Also, the area at the bottom of the screen between the outside temperature and the time is populated with climate control information if the car came equipped with auto climate control (something our cars lack).

If you do a Google search for Saturn Astra owners manual PDF, you should be able to download more info with regards to how the CD40 works with the matching GID screen.

"That's a Hruck Bugbear, manufactured in Eastern Europe in the eighties and imported to the States. People mock it as a poor man's Yugo. I consider it the pinnacle of Cold War Balkan engineering."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Astra La Vista!'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Astra La Vista! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Astra La Vista! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
Burgandy25
Burgandy25 has a spectacular aura aboutBurgandy25 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: How to get GID to show Range, trip consumption and instant consumption?

Thanks! thats what I figured mostly. and I noticed the ones that showed the range,trip con. and avg. consumption have navigation and bluetooth at the top of the screen, so I guess not available on our cars. not a big deal just was confused because i thought i have been through every screen available and was stumped. thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Burgandy25's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Burgandy25 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Burgandy25 is offline   Reply With Quote