SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Support Forum for Canadian Saturn Owners
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
mila123
mila123 is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Horn trouble- Help

I have a 1993 SL1 and I love it! It still runs well, but it is starting to show its years by having some issues lately.
1) When I go over a large bump or when I turn the wheel tightly (to go into a parking space) the horn goes off on its own. Sometimes it is a little beep beep and other times it makes me sound like I'm the most angry and aggressive driver out there. It is a bit funny when it goes off as some walks across my path, but not so funny to the person who thinks I'm honking at them. Also, it is getting more frequent. I'm wondering what the cause is and if it is a simple fix. I finally took the car into a Canadian Tire and they wouldn't fix it. They said when they push the horn it works. NO ***t! I said I know the horn works, that's not the issue. The issue is it goes off when I don't press it. Well, the mechanic didn't want to spend time trying to figure out what is causing it (I was actually told that). I would think that it is a simple loose connection and that there wouldn't be too many to connections to check over.
Is this something that I can check myself or should I bring it to a place where knowledgeable people who actually provide customer service work?

2) My electrical window doesn't go down all the way anymore. The driver side window will only go half way down. Is this a big fix and/or expensive? Please don't suggest taking it to Canadian Tire.

Thanks for reading my rant and for your help! If a Saturn honks at you, it isn't me it's the car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mila123's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mila123 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mila123 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
MikeNW
Master Member
MikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really nice

Location: Lower Alabama= God's country, if God wanted mosquito and red ant bites, and to be covered in mildew

1997 SL
Default Re: Horn trouble- Help

Welcome- You should post this in the "S" section.

I think the horn has a relay, and the earlier S cars had a separate relay and horn unit. Look for the relay and horn, tap each unit, check connections.
If you rule out failure there, then the steering wheel horn button might be at fault.
(My car is a later model and the horn and relay are one unit- )

For the window, I don't know what to tell you except remove the door panel and see what's happening. Might be stuck in the tracks. Or a gizmo is broken or worn. (97 door panel LIFTS STRAIGHT UP, you don't pry it loose or you will break the plastic tabs. Again, I am not familiar with the earlier ones. But I would remove door panel and see. I just fixed an "L" car- had to remove both inner and outer panels, not really a big deal though)

Also there is a How To section and tons of videos on this site (richpin has many on You Tube)

97 SL. Born 6/5/97, bought 7/7/97
08 Burgman 400
02 Haro MTB- can't kill it, still trying though

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikeNW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikeNW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MikeNW is offline   Reply With Quote