SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 01-09-2021, 04:55 PM   #1
Macgyver
Advanced Member
Macgyver is a name known to allMacgyver is a name known to allMacgyver is a name known to allMacgyver is a name known to allMacgyver is a name known to allMacgyver is a name known to all

1995 SC2
2001 SL1
Default New AMR Aluminum Radiator - Not Direct Fit (Giving Away for Free)

I reached out to AMR engineering, but they didnít seem to care so I figured Iíd offer this to someone for free (you need to pay shipping though - I paid $50 so I'd expect it to be similar for you). I ordered an aluminum radiator for my Saturn S series, but they shipped the wrong one or forgot to mention that their radiators require modifications to fit. I didnít notice until I had the old radiator out of the car Ė you can see the hose inlet/outlets donít line up.

If youíd like a non-drop in replacement that will require modification/different hoses to fit, itís yours. Unfortunately, I canít recommend AMR given the circumstances. The radiator is brand new, I didnít try to install it once I saw the differences.

https://amrengineering.com/product/1...r-oem-fitment/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1364 (1024x768).jpg (141.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1366 (1024x768).jpg (167.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1367 (1024x768).jpg (171.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1368 (1024x768).jpg (166.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg AMR Receipt.JPG (35.4 KB, 28 views)
Macgyver is online now   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2021, 05:39 PM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: New AMR Aluminum Radiator - Not Direct Fit (Giving Away for Free)

They just sent you the wrong one, it looks nothing like their S-Series radiator.

fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 05:16 PM   #3
PrestonIII
PrestonIII is a jewel in the roughPrestonIII is a jewel in the roughPrestonIII is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1994 SL2

LOL, I'm thinking that it looks somewhat like a JEEP radiator; maybe mid 90's Cherokee.

Preston
PrestonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:21 PM   #4
Macgyver
Advanced Member
Macgyver is a name known to allMacgyver is a name known to allMacgyver is a name known to allMacgyver is a name known to allMacgyver is a name known to allMacgyver is a name known to all

1995 SC2
2001 SL1

Ok, thanks guys. I'll wait a week or so and see if anyone wants it. If not, I'll just throw it in the trash. I didn't see any identifying marks which would indicate what it's for originally.
Old 01-15-2021, 07:45 PM   #5
454cid
Advanced Member
454cid is a jewel in the rough454cid is a jewel in the rough454cid is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
Ok, thanks guys. I'll wait a week or so and see if anyone wants it. If not, I'll just throw it in the trash. I didn't see any identifying marks which would indicate what it's for originally.
I'm confused..... you paid big money for a aluminum radiator and you're just going to toss it, because they sent the wrong one? If they didn't send the right one to me, I'd be doing more than just "reaching out". Call them? email them? Post on their FB page? Contact the CC company or Paypal?

At the very least, put it on FB Marketplace and get some of your money back if AMR is truely a dead end. Someone would buy it, I'm sure.
2000 SL2 Automatic (back on the road) 19X,XXX miles.
1999 Chevy K3500
454cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 05:27 PM   #6
Macgyver
Advanced Member

1995 SC2
2001 SL1

I didn’t catch I got the wrong radiator until I pulled it completely out to compare it side by side which was a few months after purchase. I called 3 times and emailed them over a span of a few weeks, they don’t answer. I wasn’t even asking for an exchange, just if there was mistake made. I’m not making a Facebook just to see if I can get anyone to respond.

$250 isn’t life ruining to me so it’s fine. I just won’t do business with them anymore and tell people if you do decide to buy from AMR, it’s likely an as-is transaction if you have any trouble with their products.

There’s 4 complaints just this last year with the same problem – they’re a shipping warehouse with no customer service. You’d probably have to do a chargeback and fight with the credit card company to do a return.

http://www.bbb.org/us/wa/vancouver/p...690/complaints
Old 01-17-2021, 12:45 AM   #7
A2Saturn
A2Saturn is on a distinguished road

1994 SL1

Macgyver- sorry to hear about your loss there. You might check with Zeebins about feedback on another all aluminum radiator. Fortunately, I did get Andy at AMR to run a new batch of radiators about 4 years ago, and was able to purchase one. We never did speak 1-1, but through messenger. He was sideways with the Sixth Sphere forum, and I explained that I wasn't a member.
He has a 1 star rating on Google reviews right now, with several customers complaining of waiting several months with no products received...
A2Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 10:18 PM   #8
Macgyver
Advanced Member

1995 SC2
2001 SL1

Ok, thank you. I ended up just throwing it in the trash.